SU new DC From current staff or outside? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

SU new DC From current staff or outside?

But if we go to 4 straight bowl games and avg 8 wins, Dino isn't going anywhere. I agree hire within if that success is created from Dino and he decides to retire or take the Jets job or something. With him being terminated, i doubt Wildhack won't take an opportunity to hire his guy. Dino wasn't his hire and ADs only get so many chances to make their imprint if the opportunity arises in a fireable situation.
Dino, like everyone, is not going to work forever. He is in his early 60s.

Sometimes coaches retire when they have had enough. I don’t think Dino is the black JAB.

Last edited:
More importantly he had 12 years experience with the system. Our current staff has 3. Huge difference if continuity is your goal.
He coached in the system but didn’t run the defense. There were concerns from people about that. Be open to coaches we feel may not be ready. That’s my point.

You hire inside you have the opportunity to add seasoned experienced former dc’s and/or HC at lb or db or an analyst.

also opportunities to hire dynamic recruiters at te and one of the open defensive positions.

He coached in the system but didn’t run the defense. There were concerns from people about that. Be open to coaches we feel may not be ready. That’s my point.

Also, a coach learning a certain system wants to tweak it a bit through things he thinks make it work better when he is now in charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom