SU opens +3 | Syracusefan.com

SU opens +3

Pick em.

Makes sense - we are 4 spots apart on the S&P+. We have the better O by a lot and they have the better D.

I would assume those who pay attention realize this isn't Gerg's SU offense, and that Wake doesn't have the ability to keep up on the scoreboard.

Wake getting nothing more than the home bump doesn't surprise me. People immediately thinking we will win on the field doesn't surprise me.

We will win on the field so place your bets.

dino has to keep pace with the for,er coach and beat wake as that was pretty much the only given in prior years

Interesting thread for this game: Dave Clawson left Bowling Green to coach Wake beginning in the 2014 season. Dino Babers replaced Clawson at Bowling Green in 2014.

I wouldn't touch this...Hurricane Matthew could play a factor on Saturday. Wait...until we see where this storm tracks.

Wake has struggled on D , but they have caused enough TO's to stay in games. they should have lost to Tulane. They were lucky to get by Duke, they were dominated by Indiana and NC state. if you make them pass they have issues moving the ball at all..

two of the best runners have not played in a couple weeks, will they be back against us?

Wake has struggled on D , but they have caused enough TO's to stay in games. they should have lost to Tulane. They were lucky to get by Duke, they were dominated by Indiana and NC state. if you make them pass they have issues moving the ball at all..

two of the best runners have not played in a couple weeks, will they be back against us?
That Willie Fritz guy has Tulane playing tough right out the gate . There was a poster on the board that was saying he was a master and now I think he was correct .

Last thing I read was they were questionable. My guess is that Clawson doesn't say until the injury report, this is an ACC game, is required later in the week.

Clawson wants to beat us bad ... They will all play

Syracuse has played three top team and UConn's stingy D. Syracuse will score on Wake. TM's caution is well advised, but I still think Syracuse has the advantage. The gamblers are only giving Wake the home field advantage, that isn't much favor.

UCONN is better against the pass than Wake. They gave up 175 vs NC State in the 1st Q.

If we score like we did vs ND, I'm not sure they can keep up. Our horrid pass D will give up some points, but the strength of Wake is the run and ball control.

I wouldn't touch this...Hurricane Matthew could play a factor on Saturday. Wait...until we see where this storm tracks.

Yes, these are not good conditions for us. Wind could wreak havoc and ED has been very innacurate the past few weeks. Also, our banged up line is not built to be road graters. Jordan Fredericks seems like our best back for these conditions-- he's bigger and stronger. I know Dino said JF may get some more time. I hope so.

I'm also concerned with our already dicey kicking game.

One other issue: our screen game. You'd think we'd use those short passes a lot but Wake will expect that, so we have to make sure those passes don't get jumped.

If it rains, put Erv in the backfield with Fredericks.

hopefully the weather at 7 is better than currently in nc state

It is definitely going to be a wet one. It has been raining here north of Charlotte since I left out the door for work at 5:00 a.m. Winston Salem is about 45 minutes north from where I am.

hopefully the weather at 7 is better than currently in nc state

It's ridiculous. The NCAA only cares about the student-athlete, right? Or do they care about TV and Disney/ ABC?

Hard to believe that the weather is supposed to be worse in the 2nd half of the ND vs NC State game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom