SU opens -8.5 over UCONN | Syracusefan.com

SU opens -8.5 over UCONN

They are only one spot ahead of Monmouth in KenPom.

I won't bet on it, but gun to my head I'd take Uconn and the points.

Still think we win though.

All I know is, if we lose this board is going to just implode. I was going to guess around 5.5 or 6.5.

All I know is, if we lose this board is going to just implode. I was going to guess around 5.5 or 6.5.

It's been such a strange year. Ask me a week and a half ago I think we win by 15.

Seems like a lot
Have you seen UConn play? We look like the old UCLA teams next to how they have looked. I wouldn't spot 8 1/2 pts to almost anyone but UConn sucks.

We should implode if we lose to them. The numbers make sense. We were favored by 12 over Monmouth at home. UConn is the same type of team. Adjust for a neutral court and this is how you get the spread.

Have you seen UConn play? We look like the old UCLA teams next to how they have looked. I wouldn't spot 8 1/2 pts to almost anyone but UConn sucks.

We were only 6 points better than Northern Florida.

I have seen Uconn play and they suck, but they're still better than North Florida.

Last year at MSG, we lost to an abysmal St. Johns team who was highly motivated and playing in an arena which they're comfortable in.

That could easily happen again tomorrow if we're not on our game.

We were only 6 points better than Northern Florida.

I have seen Uconn play and they suck, but they're still better than North Florida.
But not as good as Wagner. Not as good as Northeastern. Both losses, incredibly, at home. Next week North Florida plays UConn. Let's see how that game goes.

Last year at MSG, we lost to an abysmal St. Johns team who was highly motivated and playing in an arena which they're comfortable in.

Yukon, as a lot of teams, gear up when they play a program such as ours. Just as our kids don't have the same fire when playing North Florida as they would playing Duke, Yukon and St. Johns will battle us tooth and nail. Hopefully we show a little more emotion and grit than we did on Saturday.

Yukon, as a lot of teams, gear up when they play a program such as ours. Just as our kids don't have the same fire when playing North Florida as they would playing Duke, Yukon and St. Johns will battle us tooth and nail. Hopefully we show a little more emotion and grit than we did on Saturday.
I don't think saturday was about grit or emotion, we led by 21 and were on our way to a rout. Our subs killed us. And jB stayed with them much too long.

I don't think saturday was about grit or emotion, we led by 21 and were on our way to a rout. Our subs killed us. And jB stayed with them much too long.
It's debatable. There were a lot of rebounds and loose balls that we got out hustled on. For the game we had 15 defensive rebounds vs 17 offensive rebounds for UNF. They smoked us on the glass. Their point guard was the best player on the floor: 30 pts, 7 rebounds and 5 assists. Too bad he doesn't have another year of eligibility left. That was one of the best single game performances ever against us. Especially for a kid from an Atlantic Sun team.

Yup...

Two things: foul shots and rebounds.
The Orange need to make them and grab them.

We may have 3 starters still relatively unfamiliar with the zone and also unfamiliar with the MSG atmosphere.
Plus, it's UConn.

This has close game written all over it.

Can already imagine Purvis all of a sudden getting hot out of the blue like so many mediocre shooters seem to do against us with Adams causing Havoc. I can't say I am all too confident even though there is no excuse not to win.

Easy call for extra points. Great value against a scrub.

Syracuse -16.5, +300.

UConn fan here.

This is the worst UConn team I've seen in my 20+ years as a fan, especially now with major injuries to key players.

I'll be at MSG tomorrow night, but I'm not expecting a good outcome for my Huskies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom