SU poo poo'd by Dukie blog | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU poo poo'd by Dukie blog

syr02esq said:
I believe their star QB transferred somebody fact check me please.
They played two QBs last year, their second who acted a bit like a goal line back transferred

Exactly. Because you'd know very little about Syracuse, only remembering what the national media tells them - and feeling yourself after one okay season and a decent season last year where you lost your last game - all while basking in national respect for the 1st time in your programs history.

99565_lg.jpeg

130813143201-1942-rose-bowl-overhead-single-image-cut.jpg

Why?

At best, this is a 50-50 game.

Why would a Duke fan think so? They just went to the ACC Conference Championship game, took Johnny football to the wire in the Chick Fil A Bowl. They have a good head coach who has taken them this far. They're predicted to finish ahead of us in every single preseason ranking.

I didn't say that I think they'll beat us. But if I were a Duke fan, yeah, I'd be chalking this up as a likely win. Not 100%, being that it's on the road. But I'd feel pretty good. Doubt they know much about us at all.

Why would a Duke fan think so? They just went to the ACC Conference Championship game, took Johnny football to the wire in the Chick Fil A Bowl. They have a good head coach who has taken them this far. They're predicted to finish ahead of us in every single preseason ranking.

I didn't say that I think they'll beat us. But if I were a Duke fan, yeah, I'd be chalking this up as a likely win. Not 100%, being that it's on the road. But I'd feel pretty good. Doubt they know much about us at all.

OK, let's talk tiers. I'll go with this:

Tier 1: FSU

Tier 2: Clemson, Miami

Tier 3: Everybody else

Tier 4: NC State, Virginia, Wake

I don't think Syracuse will be better than GT, but we have the jackets at home after a bye week, whereas we are at the dome in the middle of what looks like the toughest stretch of the season. Then again, there's this:

Duke is (2-0) against Syracuse

Average score: Duke 27.0 - Syracuse 3.0

Per decade
W L T PFPG PAPG

1930's 2 0 0 27.0 3.0

All games
1939/10/21 Duke 33 - Syracuse 6 W
1938/11/12 Duke 21 - Syracuse 0 W

Then again, there's this:

Per decade
W L T PFPG PAPG

1930's 2 0 0 27.0 3.0

All games

Yeah, those games from 70 years ago always loom large.

Didn't we turn down a Rose Bowl invite cuz we already played out west that year? :noidea:

Tier 1: FSU

Tier 2: Clemson, Miami

Tier 3: Everybody else

Tier 4: NC State, Virginia, Wake

I don't think Syracuse will be better than GT, but we have the jackets at home after a bye week, whereas we are at the dome in the middle of what looks like the toughest stretch of the season. Then again, there's this:

Per decade
W L T PFPG PAPG

1930's 2 0 0 27.0 3.0

All games

So, what you are really saying is that we have the revenge factor working for us.

So, what you are really saying is that we have the revenge factor working for us.

The early line says Duke -24, but home field was probably worth a lot more then, so I'm looking for +4 -- it being a tough stretch and all.

Too bad it's not at the Meadowlands -- I'd love to go.

If the lax and bball games between Duke and Cuse since joining the ACC are an indication , this should be a barn(dome) burner. Maybe a trophy for the 3 sports should be on the line.

A win against Duke would be nice.

Wins against Pitt, BC and UL would be nicer.

Trueblue25 said:
A win against Duke would be nice. Wins against Pitt, BC and UL would be nicer.

Hmmm... Don't know about that. The perception Duke has right now is on par with or better than UL. Pitt and BC are boring.

Hmmm... Don't know about that. The perception Duke has right now is on par with or better than UL. Pitt and BC are boring.
Pitt and BC are in our division. Gotta win against those guys.

javadoc said:
Pitt and BC are in our division. Gotta win against those guys.

Pitts not in our division. But I agree - mostly for recruiting purposes. We need to be the best team in the NE.

Win the next game and worry about the others later. I just want to go 1-0 right now and a ton of things could change before that Duke game.

Urban Dictionary: Dukie

See my friend it can go either way. One chooses Dookie to be disrespectful.
And if you are not being disrespectful to Dookies, you are missing opportunities.

The only good thing you can say about Maryland Twerps is that they know that there is no need to speak of Dookies unless you are insulting them.