SU Ranked #1 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU Ranked #1

That statement the University made is as bland as it gets. Heck, WVU sends out similar garbage when they pop up on these lists.

Correct. But they still do it.

$50K a year to be the #1 party school and 50th or 60th overall school? Where do I sign up?

Lehigh has been on that list for years. They are a huge party school. They also have incredibly serious students. The two, academics and partying, are not at all related. One can study hard and also party hard, as long as the partying is done in a safe and mature way. Partying does not even have to involve drinking or drugs. Dancing, having a school wide water fight, celebrating after a football game with a big pizza party, camping out for 2 weeks to get the best seats for the Duke game, are all methods of partying. People put their own spin on this. While I understand the University is not thrilled with this distinction, (quick tell me who are number 3, 4 and 5 and that is why #1 is not the best pr), most people realize it is not a reflection of the academic or other stellar qualities of the university. Trust me, we are not as big of a party school as Arizona State, or any other of a long list. Maybe we have this distinction because our students bothered to answer the questions because in their own endearing way they were giving recognition to their school. The other school's students were to drunk or apathetic to bother to respond to questions involving their respective schools. What I find most interesting, is my facebook response was that I probably got the party started in the early 1970s and most of the responses are from other Newhouse students. I think we all carried on quite well academically in our day also.

I think we can resolve this problem, combine both worlds, by doing academic studies in the behavior of students "partying" on a college campus. It's good information and worth studying.

Ur3pwwq.jpg

Don't understand all the defensiveness about this thing...its not, or shouldn't be all that serious.
My frat brothers used to say: "We party hard, we stay up late. But most of all, we graduate"!
Methinks the SU Admin doth protest too much.

Don't understand all the defensiveness about this thing...its not, or shouldn't be all that serious.
My frat brothers used to say: "We party hard, we stay up late. But most of all, we graduate"!
Methinks the SU Admin doth protest too much.

I hear ya and I partied as hard as anybody at USC. It's just not a good label and identity to be perceived as. That's a no brainer. True or untrue.

I hear ya and I partied as hard as anybody at USC. It's just not a good label and identity to be perceived as. That's a no brainer. True or untrue.
Agreed. But to draw more attention to it via a press release was counterproductive, IMHO.
Maybe understandable, but as others have stated, perhaps the better move would've been to ignore it and let it blow over.
Next year someone else will "win"...no biggie. JMHO

Agreed. But to draw more attention to it via a press release was counterproductive, IMHO.
Maybe understandable, but as others have stated, perhaps the better move would've been to ignore it and let it blow over.
Next year someone else will "win"...no biggie. JMHO

Agreed on the press release which I wasn't really even commenting on. Yeah, definitely better to let it blow over/ignore.

http://www.businessinsider.com/syracuse-best-party-school-in-the-country-2014-8
This article points out the good clean fun that made SU students mention the fun partying. Notice the Duke camping out is mentioned. There are other kinds of partying then the kind everyone is jumping to conclusions over. Do some of these involve drinking, yes. In a bar or tightly restricted environment. Let's not forget that some students are of age, and grad students also. Trivia night over beer is done on all campuses.

Agreed on the press release which I wasn't really even commenting on. Yeah, definitely better to let it blow over/ignore.
would probably be best to let blow over, but it is a must to communicate in this situation due to the parents/alumni who have already been in contact with the school and looking for a response

We also have a slightly larger stadium to pack than most other programs.

It would probably just more accurate to go by "fan support."
Agreed, Syracuse does have an incredible fan base. Surprises me all the time, especially the Fine Mess.

Do I worry about it? Nope. Does it bother me when I see the rankings come out and we continuously slide down the ladder? Yes.

It obviously bothers the people on the hill as well with the statement they put out.
is it affecting your ability to make money? if not, chill out man and maybe you can tell clients you went to the best party school.