SU should invest in something like this | Syracusefan.com

SU should invest in something like this

OttoForLife

2nd String
Illinois State University invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Fan Experience. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: serve as the Assistant Director of Fan Experience including elements in cooperation with other departments such as: Marketing, Redbird Production, Ticketing, Facilities, Athletics Communications, Weisbecker Scholarship Fund, Coaches, and Event Management. Creates and implements strategies to maximize game atmosphere opportunities and in-game promotional activities to produce remarkable experiences for Redbird fans. Executes an effective digital, social media, and email campaign, as well as develops and distributes promotional materials such as flyer, brochures, newsletter, and posters. Explores non-traditional marketing opportunities, conducts market research, and oversees grassroots programs. Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of one year of similar full-time experience within a NCAA Division I program. Master’s degree preferred. In addition, must acquire the necessary understanding of NCAA, Board of Trustees, University and State regulations and policies to assure control and compliance. Commitment to and responsibility for adhering to all rules, regulations, policy, procedures and guidelines of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA), the Missouri Valley Conference and/or Missouri Valley Football Conference (MVC or MVFC), the State of Illinois, Illinois State University and the Athletics Department. The position is full-time, 12-month position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Review of applicants will begin after May 31, 2013 and continue until the position is filled. To assure full consideration, interested individuals MUST apply online at www.IllinoisState.edu/jobs

Every major consumer-facing company has a Customer Experience division within their marketing dept. only makes sense that sports teams do, as well.

I can think of a dozen of people on this board who would add value to that position.

One of my favorite things about ISU, and I know it well as my sister and bro in law are graduates, is that it is located in the town of Normal.
normal_pop.jpg

I can think of a dozen of people on this board who would add value to that position.

I'm interested in applying for Treasurer for Recruitment Activities

Every major consumer-facing company has a Customer Experience division within their marketing dept. only makes sense that sports teams do, as well.
I believe I have posted previously that this need has been neglected at Syracuse. Marching the team around the Quad is not nearly enought to spike interest in the team and family experience.:(

I believe I have posted previously that this need has been neglected at Syracuse. Marching the team around the Quad is not nearly enought to spike interest in the team and family experience.:(
they haven't marched the team around the quad in 5 years.

Illinois State University invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Fan Experience. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: serve as the Assistant Director of Fan Experience including elements in cooperation with other departments such as: Marketing, Redbird Production, Ticketing, Facilities, Athletics Communications, Weisbecker Scholarship Fund, Coaches, and Event Management. Creates and implements strategies to maximize game atmosphere opportunities and in-game promotional activities to produce remarkable experiences for Redbird fans. Executes an effective digital, social media, and email campaign, as well as develops and distributes promotional materials such as flyer, brochures, newsletter, and posters. Explores non-traditional marketing opportunities, conducts market research, and oversees grassroots programs. Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of one year of similar full-time experience within a NCAA Division I program. Master’s degree preferred. In addition, must acquire the necessary understanding of NCAA, Board of Trustees, University and State regulations and policies to assure control and compliance. Commitment to and responsibility for adhering to all rules, regulations, policy, procedures and guidelines of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA), the Missouri Valley Conference and/or Missouri Valley Football Conference (MVC or MVFC), the State of Illinois, Illinois State University and the Athletics Department. The position is full-time, 12-month position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Review of applicants will begin after May 31, 2013 and continue until the position is filled. To assure full consideration, interested individuals MUST apply online at www.IllinoisState.edu/jobs

It's honestly hard to imagine they don't already at least have someone charged with most of those types of duties. I'm less concerned with a lot of the marketing end of this kind of stuff in terms of free t-shirts and ticket deals, and far more concerned with the community outreach type events: partner with some entity to make the spring game part of a whole spring festival in the cuse; reach out to the youth to get our players to visit a ton of schools in the area; I don't know, whatever it is, they aren't doing it now.