SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

UVa’s season is over.

At least according to Jerry…

While what he's saying in this case may be true (because a lot of other people have similar info), you need to take everything Ratcliffe says WRT UVa with a very large dose of salt. He was the one who started the "They're hiring Poindexter as HC" rumors.

Late edit. Pulling the article is a great indicator of his reliability.

While what he's saying in this case may be true (because a lot of other people have similar info), you need to take everything Ratcliffe says WRT UVa with a very large dose of salt. He was the one who started the "They're hiring Poindexter as HC" rumors.

Late edit. Pulling the article is a great indicator of his reliability.
Sorry your season had to end this way.

So based on this news I would expect there would be a press release Monday for Anae and Beck. Then the interesting question to follow will be who might those two bring with them player wise? A fun part of the offseason is about to begin. Nice!

So based on this news I would expect there would be a press release Monday for Anae and Beck. Then the interesting question to follow will be who might those two bring with them player wise? A fun part of the offseason is about to begin. Nice!
So if all goes to plan, this is what we are looking at for Monday:

Offense

OC/interior WRs/TE Robert Anae
QB Beck
RB Lynch
OL Schmidt

Defense

DC White
LB Achuff
CB West
S Monroe
ST Ligashesky

To balance the units, it has been suggested Achuff moves to DL and White takes on the LBs.

Which opens up a exterior WR spot. Hagans was part of the UVa coaching staff and coached WRs. Guessing he would be the first choice of Anae. Given he did a great job coaching WRs at UVa and has a solid reputation as a recruiter, thinking he might be coach #10.

I guess Anae could coach all the WRs, or Dino could take over the exterior WRs, and we could still hire a DL coach and leave Achuff coaching the LBs. But given all the problems we have had with WRs, guessing Dino will get a dedicated coach for WRs to finish off the staff.

Looks like Dino decided to throw a game because he knew the bowls would be cancelled and he didn’t want us, as a fan base, to be heart broken and disappointed? Selfless and courageous! Thanks Dino!

Who knows? But, I wouldn't expect anything from SU before next week.

:cool:
jim carrey ride GIF by Dumb and Dumber To
Who wants to pick up Beck and Anae at the airport tomorrow?
Me and Hulkster got this

Who knows? But, I wouldn't expect anything from SU before next week.
Very possible path. I framed it as an early week release presuming the paperwork is done based on Broncos comments, the game is off now and Anae is probably already on the clock working. You are right though it could just bump to New Year.

So if all goes to plan, this is what we are looking at for Monday:

{snip}

Which opens up a exterior WR spot. Hagans was part of the UVa coaching staff and coached WRs. Guessing he would be the first choice of Anae. Given he did a great job coaching WRs at UVa and has a solid reputation as a recruiter, thinking he might be coach #10.

{snip}
Don't count on this happening. Hagans is the most likely to be retained by Elliott, for the reasons you lay out.

No reason to sit on this announcement until next week. Too many fans and portal players need to know this is really happening (assuming it is)
LETS GO!

How many coaches typically get retained by new incoming HCs? I’m guessing the number is incredibly small, unless it’s a hire from within promotion for the HC. Granted, this is a different situation with how Bronco left. But still it would seem that Elliott would be cleaning house to get his own guys in there for almost every position, especially the O positions since that’s his thing.

Last edited:
How many coaches typically get retained by new incoming HCs? I’m guessing the number is incredibly small, unless it’s a bite from within promotion for the HC. Granted, this is a different situation with how Bronco left. But still it would seem that Elliott would be cleaning house to get his own guys in there for almost every position, especially the O positions since that’s his thing.

Wasn't he their QB when we lost to them at the buzzer in GRob's first year?

The post is up, for what it is worth (See Hoo's That's post):

For Orange's sake, I hope it's true, for UVA, I hope not. Though, UVA would have to be congratulated for using good sense, wisdom, care for their players, etc., as opposed to Snooki State U.

The post is up, for what it is worth (See Hoo's That's post):

For Orange's sake, I hope it's true, for UVA, I hope not. Though, UVA would have to be congratulated for using good sense, wisdom, care for their players, etc., as opposed to Snooki State U.

The Bowl has been canceled.

Thank you. For whatever reason, I cannot see many of the images posted in the threads.

I switched search engines which fixed the problem.

Twitters been acting funny for a week or so.

Keep hitting refresh or F5 and eventually they show up.