SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

I think we as Syracuse fans are used to thinking worst case scenario. What’s the old quote, we accept the love we think we deserve?

I’m not worried.
JB44 is right, I’m not worried either

Not worried at all here…not the same situation as the DC who went with Leach
Yes. Keep in mind that in this day and age, hiring someone isn't as easy as writing a number on a piece of paper, sliding it over to the prospective employee and shaking on it.

Forget about negotiating things like salary, contract length, job responsibilities, etc.

Once all that stuff is worked out, I think any prospective hire needs to pass a drug test and a background check. These are things you have to do and they take a little time.

Even for squeaky clean Mormons!

Yes. Keep in mind that in this day and age, hiring someone isn't as easy as writing a number on a piece of paper, sliding it over to the prospective employee and shaking on it.

Forget about negotiating things like salary, contract length, job responsibilities, etc.

Once all that stuff is worked out, I think any prospective hire needs to pass a drug test and a background check. These are things you have to do and they take a little time.

Yep. Paperwork and due diligence. All good.

A few of the things I've gotten from the posts in this thread so far are QBs are either the savior of the program or shakey potatoes, nothing new there. And there are a lot of you that just can't accept that something good can happen, nothing new there either.

Agree. It's going to be exhausting if we turn every deal into an Arnett situation that happened one time. But not unusual for some members of this fanbase.
Yeah, when we find out who the new OC and QB coach are, it is either going to be the greatest day in history or the worst day in history.

Hoping for the best. Bracing for the worst.

Standard procedure for all Syracuse football fans.

I hope he’s been avoiding the poppyseed bagels.

HAH! That’s an amazing hack ! Thanks

Weird it won’t work for Chicago bears articles I want to read from a couple Chicago bears I follow.

In the past few hours she has replied to a few people wishing her luck with a blue heart and an orange heart.
SU has rarely done anything well when it comes to these situations. I would expect JW to be better as he has dealt with contracts his whole life but nothing would surprise me given the University's track record.

And the gummie bears

5b15209c-76b7-41ea-bc07-99ea4ce0705b_text.gif

Agreed. Except other schools seem to have the process down better than SU. Hopefully Dino still had a couple of TOs in his pocket coming out of the TV break.

There's that morning ray of sunshine that helps me start the day.
Other than screwing up Ps firing, the Bohemian spelling, weight of the Library books, Carrier Dome deal,.blowing NY financing, Hiring the DC, Hopkins coach in waiting, or 44 the school has been spot on.
Actually we do tend to botch things.
As to these hirings im sure its ok but these deals are usually officially annonced within a day or 2 after major news outlets.

She probably signed in to SyracuseFan and got the impression that our QB can’t pass the ball.
I don't know Jaime at all but from reading her social media posts, I kind of feel that I do.

Based on that, she is a really passionate person who jumps all in on what her family is doing.

I can almost guarantee you that she is on this board, checking things out. I can almost guarantee you she had a big laugh (and then maybe regret) when she saw all her activity on Twitter related to Syracuse broken down in great detail, and would not be surprised if she pulled some of what she has out there in large part because she is now aware of how closely it is being looked at.

Just a theory.

I hope this all gets resolved soon. I need closure. And if I need closure, I have to imagine Jaime, Jason, Robert and all the other people involved, most especially JW, also need it.

Cue the presser has been scheduled for 2 pm today post. Please!