SU tickets are sold out | Syracusefan.com

SU tickets are sold out

No mention of the allotment?

It will be like the Pinstripe Bowl. Way more SU fans there than actual tickets sold by SU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mention of the allotment?

It will be like the Pinstripe Bowl. Way more SU fans there than actual tickets sold by SU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found an article online that said Michigan received 3900 tickets, so I'm assuming all 4 schools received the same. We sold out pretty quickly. Fair to say we're going to represent rather well in Atlanta despite being the farthest away (barely) distance-wise.

3900?! thats it?

I was thinking more like 7500-10k per school.

3900?! thats it?

I was thinking more like 7500-10k per school.

Agree. And not many tickets for a program that often sells more than 30,000 for big games.

Agree. And not many tickets for a program that often sells more than 30,000 for big games.
It is always that way...huge amount of tix sold to the general public through a lottery, tons of set aisides for corporations, NCAA, etc...

Without Ohio State in it finding tickets will be alot easier, if you're looking. There are so many Ohio State fans in this town it is hard to believe. Could be the largest non-SEC or ACC group of fans in ATL. I've lived here 25 years...

Without Ohio State in it finding tickets will be alot easier, if you're looking. There are so many Ohio State fans in this town it is hard to believe. Could be the largest non-SEC or ACC group of fans in ATL. I've lived here 25 years...

Thats interesting because I went down to NOLA for last year's final four (obviously expecting for us to be there), and OSU had the least amount of fans by a large margin. Very large margin. Louisville will have the largest contingent, no question about that. I would expect UM and Syracuse will battle it out for the #2 spot.

Thats interesting because I went down to NOLA for last year's final four (obviously expecting for us to be there), and OSU had the least amount of fans by a large margin. Very large margin. Louisville will have the largest contingent, no question about that. I would expect UM and Syracuse will battle it out for the #2 spot.
Louisville or Michigan will have the most fans, probably Louisville because they were expecting to be there. Remember, Michigan is a huge school with 3 times are enrollment. They simply have more alumni to go to these things. They will have more people than us for sure as well but nothing we can do about that. They also travel well. Very similiar to us (UM football and SU bball fanbases).

Just another similiarity to 2003 -- two big schools, us and an afterthought school.

Louisville or Michigan will have the most fans, probably Louisville because they were expecting to be there. Remember, Michigan is a huge school with 3 times are enrollment. They simply have more alumni to go to these things. They will have more people than us for sure as well but nothing we can do about that. They also travel well. Very similiar to us (UM football and SU bball fanbases).

Just another similiarity to 2003 -- two big schools, us and an afterthought school.

Your theory didn't hold up at all in NOLA last year. I was in town and though OSU has a million alums (bigger than Michigan even), they had the smallest representation by a lot.

These aren't bball nuts schools we're talking about (Michigan or OSU). Football first schools. We'll represent very well even against the much bigger alumni base that Michigan has. Though I will say that due to Michigan's 20 year run of CBB irrelevance, there may be some heightened excitement. But otherwise, this isn't football. You saw the regional this weekend against Florida. It was empty. Its just not a bball crazy school.

Louisville is another story. They are basketball crazy like we are, but about 8 hours closer. They'll be the clear majority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom