SU-Tulane on SNY | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU-Tulane on SNY

Semi-related question:
I've got a 4 hour med school exam on Monday so I'll be studying all weekend. Does anyone how SNY usually goes about replaying these games on TV?

Best bet is to check your local listings on monday after the test. Usually these games will be played in a condensed, 1-hour or 1.5-hour program on a monday afternoon or tuesday afternoon.

Already worked out. CW contract.
That is local CNY. I hope we can get hooked up with a NY RSN like YES or SNY for Cuse games. LOL at TWC for tieing themselves up to the BE Conference...CW through Serendipity hooked up to the ACC game of the week a few days prior to the announcement.

That is local CNY. I hope we can get hooked up with a NY RSN like YES or SNY for Cuse games. LOL at TWC for tieing themselves up to the BE Conference...CW through Serendipity hooked up to the ACC game of the week a few days prior to the announcement.
We don't know the duration of that contract. It may only be for this year.

ACC games have to be played against an ACC opponent, so we may have access through the opponent's RSN any way.

Why does CNY still show CT/WV football on at that time slot for the central NY area? Same on TW cable schedule and the TV Guide schedule.

Probably just haven't updated it, though like I said TW blacks out the SNY games live a lot of the time though I doubt there planning on doing that this week.

Probably just haven't updated it, though like I said TW blacks out the SNY games live a lot of the time though I doubt there planning on doing that this week.
They only black it out on SNY when it is on another local channel.

TW has every right to black out SNY if they are carrying the game on one of TWCS' own channels. They do this so people are fed the local CNY advertising.

Since TW is not carrying this game themselves they have no right to black out SNY.

TW has every right to black out SNY if they are carrying the game on one of TWCS' own channels. They do this so people are fed the local CNY advertising.

Since TW is not carrying this game themselves they have no right to black out SNY.

I know thats true for our games Jurrie, but they blacked out the Uconn vs Buffalo game a couple of weeks ago in the Syracuse area that was on SNY and that wasnt available on TW sports. In fact they usually black out multiple BE games on SNY that arent available on the local TW sports station here in Syracuse.

I know thats true for our games Jurrie, but they blacked out the Uconn vs Buffalo game a couple of weeks ago in the Syracuse area that was on SNY and that wasnt available on TW sports.

SNY had to change to a postponed Mets game from night before. It wasnt TW.

Nope they had boxing on for some reason, no Mets game.

Nope they had boxing on for some reason, no Mets game.
no you are wrong.

mets were rescheduled to 7.
the storz game started at 6.
they showed boxing for an hour till mets.
the storz game was shown, 'in its entirety' on tape delay after the mets.

WVU vs Uconn is blacked out...i will go nuts if for some they blackout the SU game as well...i dont think they will though TW doesnt have their hand on it

there is a big difference in being blacked out and games not being shown. SNY can buy the rights to show the game locally , TW then gets the rights to show SNY. usually by contract SNY can only show the game in the markets they purchased it for. Normally they dont really care if TW leaves the game on , but perhaps ESPN who has the game on gameplan does.

SNY might have the same issue tonight. they might have bought just locals SNY rights and Cox might enforce where they show it.

WVU vs Uconn is blacked out...i will go nuts if for some they blackout the SU game as well...i dont think they will though TW doesnt have their hand on it

wvu vs Uconn is blacked out on SNY, cuz TW picked up feed from ESPN network. Its the announcing crew SU had last two games.. Its on the other TWCS2 (station 1026.)

Blacked out on SNY, cuz TW picked up feed from ESPN network. Its the announcing crew SU had last two games.. Its on the other TWCS2 (station 1026.)

Jebus H. Tapdancing Christ. SNY IS ALWAYS BLACKED OUT 12-3:30!!! You never noticed before because you never looked there because you were watching TWCS.

Why would everyone (the paper, Brent Axe, SU's own website) tell us to tune to SNY if the game wasn't going to be there?

To put an end to all the confusion, when SNY lists a game in the Syracuse area, or any of the Time Warner Cable available areas in the north east, and something else is on, like boxing, or a mets rerun or whatever, 99.999% of the time, it is because it has been picked up by one of the TWCS stations. There are two of them. Its not SNY's doing, because those games are on SNY in areas that don't have TWC. TWCS can buy the rights to the games that would be shown on SNY, but they are blacked out because TWC has the bought the authority to show those games on their own channels (TWCS). When a Big East game shows up on SNY in the program menu and it isn't actually on your screen, it means it is on a TWCS channel. It isn't as complicated as many are making it out to be.

EDIT: But since TWC did not buy the rights to the Syracuse/Tulane game, it will be shown on SNY and not blacked out (which it would have been, if TWC bought the rights to show the game, though if one does not get TWCS, it would still be on SNY)

Thanks.Not sure if I understood your edit where you say " (which it would have been, if TWC bought the rights to show the game, though if one does not get TWCS, it would still be on SNY) . If by that you mean for example if you are a FIOS customer in a TWCS area and TW bought the rights to the game - that those FIOS customers would get the game on SNY - then that is not my experience the past 2 weeks.

Thanks.Not sure if I understood your edit where you say " (which it would have been, if TWC bought the rights to show the game, though if one does not get TWCS, it would still be on SNY) . If by that you mean for example if you are a FIOS customer in a TWCS area and TW bought the rights to the game - that those FIOS customers would get the game on SNY - then that is not my experience the past 2 weeks.

What I mean is that, even though TWC in the Syracuse/Southern Tier/Albany area buys the rights to show a game that SNY also has the rights to show, it would still be shown on SNY on Cablevision in NYC. So its specific to Time Warner customers in the areas that get the Time Warner Cable Sports channels. Thats the only place where the blackouts would occur, not other cable providers anywhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom