SU turnout in Greensboro | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU turnout in Greensboro

Some schools allotments were bigger than others so I don't know what ours was. But the average would have been about 1300. Maybe we got a little more? I know our demand was light. SU was still trying to sell them just a couple weeks ago. We either sent some back or finally sold our allotment at the last minute. I know a lot if people that always went to the BET. I think I know 3 who are going to the ACCT. I hope we have 4k, but have my doubts. We'll see. Maybe I'll be surprised.

You think about 2500 SU fans will show up without tix looking to buy? I hope so.

I saw a lot of people buying tickets at the Coliseum yesterday from people whose teams had lost. Only two of them were wearing Cuse gear. Expecting to see a lot more NC State followers than Syracuse fans at the arena today.

Go Cuse!

OburgCuse said:
As per the map below we were given one of the larger seating allotments in the ACC but due to the not so great seating location and fact that we were not playing until Friday really hurt our ability to sell out the full allotment of the upper level books. I think we will see a good crowd who bought off the secondary market because most people living in NC weren't interested in buying full books and having to waste the Thurs sessions when you could easily access Friday night only tickets via stubhub or even from local UNC friends who were selling their Friday night tickets. I along with some friends sold our Thurs night sessions to NC State fans, but they won't be getting tonight's obviously. The one advantage the state fans got that will help them with tonight's attendance is that they played last night and were able to scoop up some tickets from the losers last night. http://raycomsports.com/sports_labs_docs/m-baskbl/2014_acctourney_seatingchart.pdf

Hmm, interesting map. We got many more than I expected. Some schools didn't get many at all. Using my keen eye and adding up each section including students and the band, it looks like we got about 2400 tickets. If there is a big enough contingent of SU fans in NC that bought off the secondary markets we just might have about 4,000.

Btw, the way the tickets are supposedly allocated and where, I heard our "slice" moves to the right on the map for next year. So we'll be more baseline.

They went away willingly with their sloppy play. Great play by Miller at the end of regulation, but he missed a HUGE dunk in OT that I think would have given Tech a 6 point lead with about 2:00 left. Then the offensive foul on the scrape-off play down 1 with :30. They look like a talented team that just goes on "reverse runs" - stretches where they can't do anything right.
they also got hosed on an offensive foul call where the defender ran into the fireplug dude who was handing the ball off and flew backwards 5 feet. oh, and miller was clearly fouled on that last shot in regulation, too. minimal difference and i suppose i like clemson moving on because of their slightly higher likelihood of upsetting other top teams, but i definitely found myself cheering for the underdog as it was happening.

Every school gets a different allotment, we clearly are a big boy school. Same as UNC, Duke. There will be a ton of NSCU fans here. The ticket section rotates each year like a clock, for DC we will be center court.

My understanding is that guys like Stevenson got bumped when the check-writers came in late.

My understanding is that guys like Stevenson got bumped when the check-writers came in late.

Absolutely no doubt there. And shame on SU.

Absolutely no doubt there. And shame on SU.

People donate to get access to stuff. That's the point. That being said, they really messed that one up. Easier to bump a guy down instead of doing the opposite.

Bayside44 said:
People donate to get access to stuff. That's the point. That being said, they really messed that one up. Easier to bump a guy down instead of doing the opposite.
In the world of how to treat a customer that story was about as abhorrent as it gets.

We got a large initial allotment, but the seating areas kind of suck. I hope the ACC rotates the seating areas every season. I find it mildly amusing that Maryland and Georgia Tech have an entire side of the arena and neither of them remain in the tourney.
There was a post on here, I think CTO started, where someone said there is a set rotation in place. This year we are in a corner, next year we move toward center, then the next we get center etc.

Last edited:
There was a post on here, I think CTO started, where someone said there is a set rotation in place. This year we are in a corner, next year we move toward center, then the next we get center etc.
That is true...it rotates

Last edited by a moderator:

Correct. But each donation level had a deadline to buy.

Correct. But each donation level had a deadline to buy.

Oh I know, bought them right away. The bigger donor may go away over this type of thing, no good answer.

BTW, just took the 5 cent tour of Greensboro and dropped the Mrs off at the arena for the afternoon games. Talk about the edge of town...

You think about 2500 SU fans will show up without tix looking to buy? I hope so.

Not everybody buys through the schools. You know this. There's this thing called StubHub.

Not everybody buys through the schools. You know this. There's this thing called StubHub.

Never heard of it.

Marc Donabella ‏@trademarcd 8m
@CuseCheer is here!!!

Bit7VqaIMAA1Xjy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online