SU vs Buffalo: Tues Dec 18 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU vs Buffalo: Tues Dec 18

Buffalo had their best season in like 25 years and we had a down season compared to our standards and we still won.

I'm a UB alum and I was estatic with what they were able to accomplish. UB may be able to jump up and get us 1 out of 10 games (or at least make the games interesting) but our equilibrium and their equilibrium are in completely different places.

Buffalo’s not su’s equal.

Our worst years a bubble year.

That being said they’d beat 3/4 of the p5 fairly easily with this group of vets.

humiliated by st john's in '16. beaten by the bonnies in '17 and our asses handed to us in lacrosse by both albany and cornell twice. you want to call yourself the best ? be the best. dr gross's NY'S college team is an insult to every new yorker who doesn't pull for syracuse. and then they kick our butt. at least back it up.

Humiliated by St John's in 14 and 15 too. 3 game losing streak.

I get you are a Buffalo guy, but... Clemson.

You think clemson wouldve beat Buffalo? Buffalo slapped zona. Its not playing favorites, ub was damn good

Buffalo will be good but hard to imagine them being top 30 RPI again. Barely sneaked in the top 30 last year.
That same team, minus one player, returns

You think clemson wouldve beat Buffalo? Buffalo slapped zona. Its not playing favorites, ub was damn good

Clemson was a top-20 conference win. It meant more. This isn’t a head-to-head “would have” question.

Not that it matters... both wins were good. And they were needed.

Clemson was a top-20 conference win. It meant more. This isn’t a head-to-head “would have” question.

Not that it matters... both wins were good. And they were needed.
Thats fair

the point of the article linked above is that syracuse again scheduled a major challenge in UB. states they gave us a tough game last year and actually led late. my point is that no team gets to vote itself "ny's college team ".
a dr darryl gross act of extreme hubris . and chalkboard ammunition for those ny programs we face .

the point of the article linked above is that syracuse again scheduled a major challenge in UB. states they gave us a tough game last year and actually led late. my point is that no team gets to vote itself "ny's college team ".
a dr darryl gross act of extreme hubris . and chalkboard ammunition for those ny programs we face .

there's no bball program nor athletic program that can match su.

Damn right.
4620304D-13F1-431E-B481-2B2FA2DA9536.gif

switch it up then . walk a mile in their nikes. say we hadn't self designated ourselves this assinine slogan. how would you feel walking into buffalos home court and seeing that they had decided to label the bisons as new york's college team. or the bonnies ,jonnies, albany ? nobody voted right ? so it's fair play to anybody. lose it !
and if you can't grasp that idea then at least beat the local competition. otherwise your boast is stoopid.

Last edited:
Well, his team went on to win their conference, beat a top championship contender and nearly end the year ranked as a mac team.

Little brother comment from a little brother team.

What he said was dumb but i dont see why anyones that offended.

I don’t see why anyone even paid attention.

switch it up then . walk a mile in their nikes. say we hadn't self designated ourselves this assinine slogan. how would you feel walking into buffalos home court and seeing that they had decided to label the bisons as new york's college team. or the bonnies ,jonnies, albany ? nobody voted right ? so it's fair play to anybody. lose it !
and if you can't grasp that idea then at least beat the local competition. otherwise your boast is stoopid.

You puff your chest out until someone proves otherwise. From top to bottom, no other D1 school in NYS can match SU especially now that the Olympic sports are starting to take off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom