SU vs Carleton (Exhibition): Tues Oct 29 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU vs Carleton (Exhibition): Tues Oct 29

The Virginia game to start the season is in the Dome.

So both our football teams and basketball team have home openers against the defending national champion.
:oops::confused:

Hi, I am a Carleton Ravens season ticket holder from Ottawa. Looking forward to visiting the Dome again this fall to watch the Ravens play Syracuse. The Ravens have been a very good team the past two seasons but there are some questions for the coming season. Our long time coach, Dave Smart, has retired and our best player, Eddie Ekiyor, has left the team with two years of eligibility remaining to play in Europe. We will have a better idea about this year's team after we play 4 or 5 games in August against NCAA D1 schools. If you have any questions about the Ravens, I would be pleased to answer them.

I was looking for a web page with Carleton's historical scores to see how they've done against US teams over the years. I was unable to find one. When did Carleton start playing American teams and do you know who they played in what years and what the scores were? it would be nice to look at a comprehensive list than to just have a few recollections about certain games.

I think this was a very good move by JB and intentionally done to get the guys as much preparation as possible ahead of our season opening test. Carleton has a long history of excellence and will give SU a good challenge IMO.
I saw a post that Carleton has lost a lot but will still be a good test to play them and I'm glad we are not cowards that run from them scared like Coach K and Duke.

I saw a post that Carleton has lost a lot but will still be a good test to play them and I'm glad we are not cowards that run from them scared like Coach K and Duke.
Say what?

I was looking for a web page with Carleton's historical scores to see how they've done against US teams over the years. I was unable to find one. When did Carleton start playing American teams and do you know who they played in what years and what the scores were? it would be nice to look at a comprehensive list than to just have a few recollections about certain games.
SWC75, I posted the list of games for you.

So, less than two weeks until the Carleton/Syracuse exhibition game. The Ravens have looked good but not great so far in the pre-season against NCAA D1 teams and Canadian university teams. They play three games this weekend against fairly weak Canadian schools. It is disappointing that there is no organized bus trips from Ottawa to Syracuse for the game and I anticipate that there will only be a handful of Ravens fans at the game. We are a Senior laden team (mainly small guards) and lack size up front. I anticipate that Syracuse will dominate under the basket at both ends of the court. A good game for us would be to lose by only 20 points. I will not be able to attend the game but will attempt to follow it from home.

In preparation for the Syracuse game on Tuesday, the Ravens are playing three closed scrimmages this week against Northeastern, Boston and Colgate. These scrimmages allow the players to get used to NCAA rules and the 30 second shot clock. Typically, they are officiated by quality refs to get familiar with how fouls are currently being called (or not called).

In preparation for the Syracuse game on Tuesday, the Ravens are playing three closed scrimmages this week against Northeastern, Boston and Colgate. These scrimmages allow the players to get used to NCAA rules and the 30 second shot clock. Typically, they are officiated by quality refs to get familiar with how fouls are currently being called (or not called).
they are taking it seriously

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom