SU vs Colgate: Wed Nov 21 | Syracusefan.com

SU vs Colgate: Wed Nov 21

The 21st is a Wednesday. But I'm glad to see that SU's streak of social media confusion -- much like its streak of beating up on Colgate -- continues!

The 21st is a Wednesday. But I'm glad to see that SU's streak of social media confusion -- much like its streak of beating up on Colgate -- continues!
Lol. Maybe the time, which is "TBD", is 72 hours later.

why not play one on their home court ? lacrosse does . beautiful campus.

game to me is more than money. so the SU program goes belly up if we play one game in colgate ? give them a game on their home court . we'll survive.

game to me is more than money. so the SU program goes belly up if we play one game in colgate ? give them a game on their home court . we'll survive.

They don’t even have a decent size high school gym if it only seats 1750, you can’t be serious about playing in their closet.

But will Colgate survive?

We play in front of 18-20,000 fans, and Colgate takes home a nice six-figure paycheck.

We play in Hamilton in front of 1700 fans, how much $$$ will Colgate make?

i'd pay to see us play in a banjo box. the streak is what ? let's play on their court.
in case you've forgotten college sports is not about the money. let's not go there.

Last edited:
i'd pay to see us play in a banjo box. the streak is what ? let's play on their court.
in case you've forgotten college sports is not about the money. let's not go there.
We pay for their hoops program with one game. They're not going to give that up to get us in their HS gym.

We are in the same conference as Duke if you are desperate to see us play in a HS gym you can drive down to Durham when we play them.

But will Colgate survive?

We play in front of 18-20,000 fans, and Colgate takes home a nice six-figure paycheck.

We play in Hamilton in front of 1700 fans, how much $$$ will Colgate make?

Exactly. Truly one of the more bizarre takes - and that's saying a lot coming from tbone. I'm sure they let people walk around campus if you don't bother anyone and really want to see it that badly.

Exactly. Truly one of the more bizarre takes - and that's saying a lot coming from tbone. I'm sure they let people walk around campus if you don't bother anyone and really want to see it that badly.

You got it. Heck, give the athletic department twenty bucks and they'll let you play five-on-five in Cotterell Court. Or you could walk in any day of the week and shoot around by yourself for free.

Seriously, Colgate's program doesn't even want to play this game. They've come to the Dome for 20 years for one reason: SU funds something like half of Colgate's hotel stays and bus trips to Worcester, West Point, Bethlehem, Easton, Annapolis, Roslyn, and Lewisburg with just that one guarantee game at the Dome. It's the difference between Colgate having a basketball team and not, because the 47 Madison County residents and nostalgic alumni who pay to attend their home games really aren't keeping the program's head above water.

We pay for their hoops program with one game. They're not going to give that up to get us in their HS gym.
sure colgate could schedule another big to give them a warm up game and beat down if that's what they want. once again you make college hoops all about the money.

sure colgate could schedule another big to give them a warm up game and beat down if that's what they want. once again you make college hoops all about the money.
Not me. Every D1 school. Don't hold your breath waiting for a roadie to Hamilton. Minimal travel to keep the costs down. No other P5 school can say that. The only way we play Colgate anywhere but the Dome is if we were to face them in the NCAAT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom