SU vs ODU: Sat Dec 15 | Syracusefan.com

SU vs ODU: Sat Dec 15

I live near ODU and will be excited to watch this game. LGO!

A game we should win, but ODU is a solid enough mid-major that can spring an upset if we mess around.

Great job by Kip here. This will greatly help our RPI similar to Buffalo. ODU should win 25 games next year
need more games like this. Honestly think playing UB and St. Bona during the non conference helped us so much

Ub should replace colgate/cornell as an every single year game.

Like the opponent, don't like the date. We were hoping that the Georgetown game would be slotted here.

Not sure how common it is in basketball, but a two for one like football would have been awesome. Would love to see Cuse playing in Norfolk at the Ted.

need more games like this. Honestly think playing UB and St. Bona during the non conference helped us so much

Without a doubt.

Our scheduling was phenomenal given how strong it was compared to what other teams were playing and we didn't risk losing 2 games in 3 days at a neutral site tournament that easily could have happened with this years team given how young everyone was. The previous year our cupcakes were so easy and we shredded them so bad that we were sitting ducks for motivated mediocre Gtown and St Johns teams that we expected to roll over. All the MAC schools we played gave us enough of a scare that we had to buckle down and play our best ball in the 2H to not lose.

If we squeeze by the Bonnies and don't collapse against ND and Wake the team likely gets a 4-5 seed due to SOS and might have even lucked into the other side of the bracket and ran through the Michigan/Loyola pods.

ODU is a good team to schedule. Only issue really is if it bumps a 'better' non conference opponent like Georgetown to midweek.

I guess they sought out you folks when the contract with us fell apart. There is even a disagreement over whether there was an agreement to play each other to begin with. :oops:

I guess they sought out you folks when the contract with us fell apart.
kN8E_f-maxage-0.gif

Hey, I’m glad we’re not playing them. We have nothing to gain and everything to lose if we play them.
Sort of like when William and Mary and Richmond beat you in football? ;)

Great job by Kip here. This will greatly help our RPI similar to Buffalo. ODU should win 25 games next year

i wouldnt count this as a win.

Ub should replace colgate/cornell as an every single year game.
Cornell & Colgate are on the schedule to benefit their programs as much as to give SU a couple of (expected) easy wins. A date in the Dome is the biggest annual paycheck for each of these opponents. JB believes in supporting the locals.

GT's non-con schedule last year was atrocious, and this tournament won't improve it much next season.

That was my first thought - what a lame tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom