SU walkon..Dominick Parker, 18, was accused of having sexual contact | Syracusefan.com

SU walkon..Dominick Parker, 18, was accused of having sexual contact

bevosu

Hall of Fame
A Syracuse freshman who recently walked on to the Orange basketball team was arrested last Friday and charged with sexual abuse in the first degree.

Dominick Parker
Dominick Parker, 18, was accused of having sexual contact with an 18-year-old female "while she was incapable of giving consent," according to Syracuse police. The alleged incident occurred at a Stadium Place apartment.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...n_accused_of_s e x_crime.html#incart_breaking

On Friday, Sept. 15, a Syracuse University student was arrested by the City of Syracuse Police Department (SPD) and charged with sexual abuse. The University has since issued an interim suspension order against the accused student, effective immediately. Sexual and relationship violence is not tolerated at Syracuse University. We are now doing all that we can to support and provide assistance to those affected by the alleged incident. As this is an ongoing investigation, Syracuse University will not be providing further comment.

Apparently, being accused of sexual and relationship violence is not tolerated either.

Isn't this similar to the Edelin situation? Or am I remembering that wrong?

I wish they never published these types of charges until they were found guilty.

If he's guilty I hope he's in jail forever, but if he's not this is going to hang over his head for the rest of his life.
in jail forever? jeez.

Isn't this similar to the Edelin situation? Or am I remembering that wrong?

Yes it is. If alcohol is involved...

Yeah, this is tough. He looks like a scared kid, difficult not to feel bad for him.
sucks, but ... that's on him (if the allegations are established as true). I'm reserving my sympathy for the victim.

My thought as well.
Not any more of a defense than "I was loaded when I robbed that convenience store". Anyway, this kid probably has no record. There is going to be a price, but my first question is ... is he under 19?

Not any more of a defense than "I was loaded when I robbed that convenience store". Anyway, this kid probably has no record. There is going to be a price, but my first question is ... is he under 19?
The DO story says that he is also 18.

The DO story says that he is also 18.
Then if he has no record, he's a YO. I'm not saying there won't be ramifications at the U level. But in the CJS, if he's a FTO under 19, he's a mandatory YO (misd.) or discretionary YO (felony). It doesn't mean he can't be punished ... but he won't have a permanent criminal record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom