SU women 21-8 struggling early with 13-18 Clemson | Syracusefan.com

SU women 21-8 struggling early with 13-18 Clemson

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
11:26 minutes left in first half and SU is up 14-13 and Sykes out with 2nd foul. SU was on a fast break & Sykes without the ball shoved a Clemson player for a double negative play. SU had the advantage and it cost us a FB layup attempt and our best player deprives us of her services.

SU is the 5th seed, Clemson is #13

Last edited:
It's a sloppy affair. 16-17 with 8:30 to go in the first.

Butler just picked up her 2nd foul on a blatant shove driving to the basket at the 7:01 mark

30-27 at the half.

SU's two top two players were no shows in the first half going a combined 0 for 6 and picking up foolish fouls.

Halftime SU 30 Clemson 27

They are in good shape seeing Butler and Sykes have no points

Glad to see others are watching the girls game. Got a couple of good players coming in next year. One is a good outside shooter who elevates on her shoot ( most girls don't) and one who can dunk. With good coaching a potentially real good team

38-33 SU with 14 minutes left in the 2nd. Beating Clemson on the boards but poor shooting by both teams.

They could use an ACCT win. Both ESPN & CBS have the Orangewomen as a 6th seed in their latest bracket forecast. A win over Clemson should solidify that.

SU's two top two players were no shows in the first half going a combined 0 for 6 and picking up foolish fouls.

Halftime SU 30 Clemson 27
I can't see that happening foe another half so they are in seemingly good shape.

SU up 52-41 with 6 to play

56-45 SU at the 5 minute mark.

Up by 9 at the 4:00 media break.

63-53 final ncst tomorrow

Glad to see others are watching the girls game. Got a couple of good players coming in next year. One is a good outside shooter who elevates on her shoot ( most girls don't) and one who can dunk. With good coaching a potentially real good team

The key phrase is with good coaching. Q would be lucky to coach his way out of a paper bag.

extralarge.jpg

You're talking about 6-4 Amber Witherspoon out of Chicago

Watch her dunk

Q said this about her:

"Amber Witherspoon is the best natural athlete in this 2014 class," Hillsman said. "Her athleticism is off the charts. She can really get up and down the floor and she's a great rebounder and shot blocker. I believe that she has a chance to come in and be an immediate impact player for us on both sides of the ball."

ESPN on Amber:

"Long, agile finesse-5 performer brings shot blocking presence to the key: wingspan alters shots; mobile in uptempo game; emerging offensive game waiting to be started."

The other player you described as "One is a good outside shooter who elevates on her shoot"

minott-danielle-200x300.jpg

Danielle Minott

Minott ranks No. 18 among guards, according to ESPN's Hoopgurlz. She averaged 19 points and eight rebounds last season as a junior. Her team reached the Class 3A State Championship game.

"Rated as the number one sleeper in the 2014 class, Danielle is a player that really came alive, starting last year and at the state championship," Hillsman said. "Danielle is an unbelievable player with the ball in her hands. She is really good off the bounce and shoots a natural jump shot. She is a player that has the ability, on our offense, to play three to four positions, depending on what we're running because she is very strong, physical and athletic."

Women's basketball website Fullcourt.com described Minott like this:

Minott is a player with a fairly sizable offensive skill package, just lacking a high level of consistency game to game. She has three-point range and can attack the basket going left or right, throwing in a nice spin move on occasion. Minott has a jumper but often attacks with more difficult (less likely to be successful) floaters."

Danielle is #21 in the white uniform, she scores 11 points with two three's a steal and an assist in this video.
From

Last edited:
  1. Margaret Banks ‏@MMBanksNR 12m
  2. Post-game, Syracuse coach Quentin Hillsman calls noisy students "probably one of the most unbiased crowds I've ever been around."
  3. Expand Collapse

1. Margaret Banks ‏@MMBanksNR 12m
  2. Post-game, Syracuse coach Quentin Hillsman calls noisy students "probably one of the most unbiased crowds I've ever been around."
  3. Expand Collapse
They did sound enthusiastic. The most impressive crowd I've seen at a woman's game this year was at Louisville where 22,000 + did everything in their power to help the home team try & beat UConn.

If the weather does what they are predicting there might not be much of a crowd there tomorrow for the games. Winter Storm Warning with freezing rain in the forecast. It will be interesting to see if they have to postpone any of the games.

They did sound enthusiastic. The most impressive crowd I've seen at a woman's game this year was at Louisville where 22,000 + did everything in their power to help the home team try & beat UConn.

I think it's great that they give those kids a field trip to watch the ladies BB tourney.

They did sound enthusiastic. The most impressive crowd I've seen at a woman's game this year was at Louisville where 22,000 + did everything in their power to help the home team try & beat UConn.[/quote

The announcers said something about the numerous local youth, church groups etc who were given tickets to the game and their enthusiasm.

I hope the folks at SU take note of the crowd and stop charging for WBB and WLax. They should be flooding the schools and community with free tickets for these games. I know that tickets are only a few dollars, but get people in the Dome and they will spend enough on concessions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom