SU Women's Hoops get trounced again... | Syracusefan.com

SU Women's Hoops get trounced again...

jr4750

All American
At home against a middle pack FSU team. Beat very bad. How is that possible. They are the Jekyll and Hyde of hoops teams.

jr4750 said:
At home against a middle pack FSU team. Beat very bad. How is that possible. They are the Jekyll and Hyde of hoops teams.

Saw this score. Yikes

They really need to make the tournament and win a game or two this year... Not sure if that's gonna happen.

They needed to land the syarcuse girl that landed at UConn. Plus, they need an x and o person.

I have no clue how bracketing is done in woman's college basketball but if its done like the men they are probably OK.

I just looked at their scores - they don't believe in close games. When they lose, they get their butt kicked.

One thing I noted about their schedule is that 14 of the 25 games to date were against top 50 teams (from Warren Nolan's nitty gritty page). That sure seems like a lot. They are 5-9 in those games (which is good enough for a bubble team on the men's side anyway), and have no sub 50 losses which is very good.

Seems to be time for a change. Q has probably taken them as far as he can.

Cheers,
Neil

Recruiting is not the issue...just sayin...

I was about to post that "Q doesn't have "it", whatever "it" is." It's the kind of direct approach that usually gets me in trouble, but it appears everyone else is saying the same thing. Moving on is a win-win for everyone involved. SU can upgrade, grab an Auriemma assistant, whatever it takes, and Q can perhaps find an easier program to succeed at

According to twitter they had 3 starters out. Two with illness, and I think one was injury. Announced right before the game. Must have that horrible cold/flu floating through the team. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt until they are healthy.

I suggest more actually watch the girl's games and become more familiar with the players, coaches and game strategy (if any). Only one starter was out, they continued with their zone and florida state attacked it in the appropriate manor.. Their point guard, who leads the conference in assists, moved the ball quickly around the perimeter and finally when the su girls left someone uncovered they got off a 3 point shoot and made a high percentage. Then they also got it into their center who got off for 40 points. The girls also continued their ineffective full court press which only tired our girls out. Finally Q apparently gave up and finished the latter part of the game with all the starters on the bench. I could go on but the bottom line is it is time to find a new coach

Took the family to Dome last night from Rochester to celebrate my daughter's season on Modified hoops, 8th grade. Sprung for courtside seating and the box office lady really hooked us up -- front row east court -- feet touching the orange colored hardwood all night! Did not expect that at all and made us feel like royalty even though maybe only 400 people were there. Great customer service from ushers and staff at every interaction. Will def go back next year.

FSU center #33 ate their lunch all game, no answer for her. They made a bunch of 3s and we don't remember their PG taking a single shot -- tough little latina that got rid of the ball quick and made no mistakes. She finally got 2 fouls shots with seconds left. Never looked for her own shot.

When SU got dribble penetration with corresponding good movement/spacing from our bigs they converted pretty well, but much of the game our ladies just could not hit a shot.

Hillsman has a unique timeout method. Huddles up with just the coaches out on the floor for 30 - 60 seconds while the players talk amongst themselves on the bench. Then he goes over and they all bunch up together. Could be he wants/needs asst coaches input, and/or wants players to figure it out for themselves or provide their own feedback and leadership before meeting with coaches.

According to twitter they had 3 starters out. Two with illness, and I think one was injury. Announced right before the game. Must have that horrible cold/flu floating through the team. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt until they are healthy.

Just saw that... Tough break if true...

Took the family to Dome last night from Rochester to celebrate my daughter's season on Modified hoops, 8th grade. Sprung for courtside seating and the box office lady really hooked us up -- front row east court -- feet touching the orange colored hardwood all night! Did not expect that at all and made us feel like royalty even though maybe only 400 people were there. Great customer service from ushers and staff at every interaction. Will def go back next year.

FSU center #33 ate their lunch all game, no answer for her. They made a bunch of 3s and we don't remember their PG taking a single shot -- tough little latina that got rid of the ball quick and made no mistakes. She finally got 2 fouls shots with seconds left. Never looked for her own shot.

When SU got dribble penetration with corresponding good movement/spacing from our bigs they converted pretty well, but much of the game our ladies just could not hit a shot.

Hillsman has a unique timeout method. Huddles up with just the coaches out on the floor for 30 - 60 seconds while the players talk amongst themselves on the bench. Then he goes over and they all bunch up together. Could be he wants/needs asst coaches input, and/or wants players to figure it out for themselves or provide their own feedback and leadership before meeting with coaches.

Pros do that, but of course, they're pros. Seems like with a young team, it be better to get with the players as soon as possible. Q seems like a nice man, good recruiter, but he's really struggling coaching. The zone defense has been a big mistake. Play man to man and use the bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom