SUAD Take Note PSU Series in Jeopardy

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-east/syracuse-orange.php

We play at PSU in 2020
and we host them in 2021

Items of note:
mike carmin ‏@carminjc
From #Purdue AD Morgan Burke last week: #B1G asked AD's to put moratorium on scheduling non-conference games after 2020.
Jeff Potrykus ‏@jaypo1961
#Badgers Purdue AD tells @carminjc BIG wants 4 noncon FB games through 2015, three through 2018 + 2 in 2019 and '20.

B1G is looking to go to 10 conference games...SU better be sure these games in 2020 and 2021 are firmed up. I could see PSU playing Cuse in 2020 and then writing a check for 2021.

It just got tougher for us to schedule good OOC games after 2020...this is another datapoint why the ACC/B12/PAC12/???mystery conference is looking for a scheduling alliance. Delaney is a meglomaniac.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-east/syracuse-orange.php

We play at PSU in 2020
and we host them in 2021

Items of note:
mike carmin ‏@carminjc
From #Purdue AD Morgan Burke last week: #B1G asked AD's to put moratorium on scheduling non-conference games after 2020.
Jeff Potrykus ‏@jaypo1961
#Badgers Purdue AD tells @carminjc BIG wants 4 noncon FB games through 2015, three through 2018 + 2 in 2019 and '20.

B1G is looking to go to 10 conference games...SU better be sure these games in 2020 and 2021 are firmed up. I could see PSU playing Cuse in 2020 and then writing a check for 2021.

It just got tougher for us to schedule good OOC games after 2020...this is another datapoint why the ACC/B12/PAC12/???mystery conference is looking for a scheduling alliance. Delaney is a meglomaniac.

Is this the equivalent of Delaney taking his ball and going home just because he didn't get his way?

Is this the equivalent of Delaney taking his ball and going home just because he didn't get his way?
I think he (by going to 10 games) is prepping the battlefield for 16 or more teams in the B1G...or looking to apply pressure to ND by telling them they have a few years to make a decision or fear losing B1G OOC games. Personally knowing Irish Catholics...that (the latter theory) would drive them in the opposite direction and they'll just start playing more SEC/B12/Pac12 or ACC teams.

I think he (by going to 10 games) is prepping the battlefield for 16 or more teams in the B1G...or looking to apply pressure to ND by telling them they have a few years to make a decision or fear losing B1G OOC games. Personally knowing Irish Catholics...that (the latter theory) would drive them in the opposite direction and they'll just start playing more SEC/B12/Pac12 or ACC teams.

So ND schedules Purdue, MSU and Michigan.

No change for any of those teams.

Wonder if BTN wants this for ratings?

Am I the only one that doesn't give a hoot if we ever play PSU again? Its a dead rivalry. Its been a dead rivalry for some time. Why bother trying to re-kindle it?

We are moving on to bigger and better things.

nd isnt scheduling michigan anytime soon

B1G rumored going to 10 games...with a 12 game season it'll be harder for B1G teams to schedule Notre Dame. That was the point I was making. Teams are going to want to schedule a MAC school yearly.

Replace that 2020 and 2021 series with UNLV

PSU pulled out on UVA for 2013 but it seems to have worked out well for UVA.
By David Teel
5:05 p.m. EST, January 28, 2013
The only program to reach the Bowl Championship Series each of the last four years is headed for the University of Virginia next season.
The Oregon Ducks, whose dynamic, warp-speed, spread offense has averaged at least 46 points per game the past three years, will play the Cavaliers at Scott Stadium on Sept. 7, the schools announced Monday. Virginia will visit Oregon in 2016.
This year’s game replaces the Cavaliers’ previously scheduled date at Penn State, which last week reportedly opted to play Central Florida instead.
"We initiated a conversation with Oregon about a potential game in 2017 in Europe," said Virginia executive associate athletic director Jon Oliver in a statement. "As the conversation progressed it became clear we might have an opportunity to initiate a series in 2013 starting in Charlottesville. We saw that as a great opportunity for our program and our fans.
"The chance to add Oregon presents us with the unique opportunity to have eight home games in a single season. Kicking off the season against BYU on Aug. 31 and playing Oregon on Sept. 7 will be a challenge, but one that Coach (Mike) London has been on board with since the very beginning. I am hopeful that our fans will embrace this schedule and create a home field advantage to help make our team successful."

If each B1G teams plays 10 conference games + MAC + FCS then there will be few, if any, data points that reflect on the conference's relative strength. In an upcoming era of supposed SOS relevance (whether real or perceived), it's unclear if this will be a good thing for the B1G or if it will backfire.

PSU pulled out on UVA for 2013 but it seems to have worked out well for UVA.
By David Teel

5:05 p.m. EST, January 28, 2013
The only program to reach the Bowl Championship Series each of the last four years is headed for the University of Virginia next season.
The Oregon Ducks, whose dynamic, warp-speed, spread offense has averaged at least 46 points per game the past three years, will play the Cavaliers at Scott Stadium on Sept. 7, the schools announced Monday. Virginia will visit Oregon in 2016.
This year’s game replaces the Cavaliers’ previously scheduled date at Penn State, which last week reportedly opted to play Central Florida instead.
"We initiated a conversation with Oregon about a potential game in 2017 in Europe," said Virginia executive associate athletic director Jon Oliver in a statement. "As the conversation progressed it became clear we might have an opportunity to initiate a series in 2013 starting in Charlottesville. We saw that as a great opportunity for our program and our fans.
"The chance to add Oregon presents us with the unique opportunity to have eight home games in a single season. Kicking off the season against BYU on Aug. 31 and playing Oregon on Sept. 7 will be a challenge, but one that Coach (Mike) London has been on board with since the very beginning. I am hopeful that our fans will embrace this schedule and create a home field advantage to help make our team successful."

Could this have happened as a result of the Pac12/ACC/Big12/??? Conf alliance rumors?

playing 10 inconf games makes too much sense for it to not happen.

toss in 1 h/a each, v good competion...and you are done.

just cut the shlit with these d1aa's and sunbelt/maacs, nobody wants to sit through them anymore.

1 of the biggest lure's to the NFL is that 'on any given sunday', a bottom feeder can rise up and beat the best. the talent disparity is so prevalient in college, it greatly effects attendence. it actually shows true in a 1 horse community like CNY where the denizens would rather rake leaves and wont show for a game unless the competition is worthy.

the ACC should do the same.

then you would have 1 bevo and 1 pac also on sched.

where do i sign???

If each B1G teams plays 10 conference games + MAC + FCS then there will be few, if any, data points that reflect on the conference's relative strength. In an upcoming era of supposed SOS relevance (whether real or perceived), it's unclear if this will be a good thing for the B1G or if it will backfire.

Agreed and Delany has such a god complex he probably believes the Big10 champ will be in the 4 team playoff no matter what.

But if the potential champs from the ACC, SEC, Big12, Pac12 and ND have played and beaten other teams from those conferences then the Big10 for sure could get bumped.

The Big 10 team might have to go undefeated to get in. A one loss Big10 team will be bumped for a 1 loss team who's played and beaten a bigger OOC opponent.

playing 10 inconf games makes too much sense for it to not happen.

toss in 1 h/a each, v good competion...and you are done.

just cut the shlit with these d1aa's and sunbelt/maacs, nobody wants to sit through them anymore.

1 of the biggest lure's to the NFL is that 'on any given sunday', a bottom feeder can rise up and beat the best. the talent disparity is so prevalient in college, it greatly effects attendence. it actually shows true in a 1 horse community like CNY where the denizens would rather rake leaves and wont show for a game unless the competition is worthy.

the ACC should do the same.

then you would have 1 bevo and 1 pac also on sched.

where do i sign???

I'm not opposed in general, but we have three ACC schools that have long term rivalries with in-state schools from the SEC:

FSU - Florida
Clemson - U. South Carolina
GATech - Georgia

I would prefer 1 SEC annually and rotate between PAC and Bevo. I like dropping the annual patsies.

Not a fan of locking in your non-conference games to certain conferences. Smells too much to me liek the current bowl tie ins which kind of stink. Don't mind getting rid of the patsies because really no one likes going to them or watching them, they're kind of a glorified scrimmage. The flexibility has to be maintained for the traditional regional rivalries. I wouldn't mind that being PSU but to be honest those day are already gone. And if we're being honest with ourselves and teams have a regional type rival PSU should be playing Pitt every year, not SU. To me the closest real regional rivalry would be with BC which we're getting back as a conference game.

what we will see is 13 games.

7-6 h/a split.

or ideally for ME & you crybabies...7-5-1.

but of course, ill still win...and it will be 6-6-1.

1 patsy will still be on the sched. no big boy wants to risk an 0-fer.

Oh Lord

what we will see is 13 games.

7-6 h/a split.

or ideally for ME & you crybabies...7-5-1.

but of course, ill still win...and it will be 6-6-1.

1 patsy will still be on the sched. no big boy wants to risk an 0-fer.

Oh Lord

I thought 13 would be a natural progression...but more likely I think we'll see the playoffs expand to 8 teams rather quickly. Lots of money to be made in the playoffs. Each of the 5 leagues guaranteed 1 team with 3 Wild Cards.

I thought 13 would be a natural progression...but more likely I think we'll see the playoffs expand to 8 teams rather quickly. Lots of money to be made in the playoffs. Each of the 5 leagues guaranteed 1 team with 3 Wild Cards.
not sure how this plays out.

i firmly believe 8 is coming. the attendence at bowls this year proves that nobody wants to watch exhibitions anymore. people will still watch them on tv. but the travel and expense is not worth it.

but if its for a spot in the NC game???...now youre cooking with gasoline.

teams have had their toe in the water with 13 games for a while, but the move to a football elite 8 may put the brakes on that a bit. :noidea:

Am I the only one that doesn't give a hoot if we ever play PSU again? Its a dead rivalry. Its been a dead rivalry for some time. Why bother trying to re-kindle it?

We are moving on to bigger and better things.

I'd like to kick their asses one last time.

Not a fan of locking in your non-conference games to certain conferences. Smells too much to me liek the current bowl tie ins which kind of stink. Don't mind getting rid of the patsies because really no one likes going to them or watching them, they're kind of a glorified scrimmage. The flexibility has to be maintained for the traditional regional rivalries. I wouldn't mind that being PSU but to be honest those day are already gone. And if we're being honest with ourselves and teams have a regional type rival PSU should be playing Pitt every year, not SU. To me the closest real regional rivalry would be with BC which we're getting back as a conference game.

As long as the patsy/scrimmage games count toward bowl eligibility, they are going to continue to be scheduled. It's necessary from a team development standpoint, too, to play a couple opponents you are supposed to beat early in the season to break in new players against live competition.