Successfully convinced son to skip baseball for a game | Syracusefan.com

Successfully convinced son to skip baseball for a game

Millhouse

Living Legend
7 year old sports nut. Takes it seriously. Would've never skipped a fall baseball game. After watching condensed game (which are great) he is on board with missing a game (fall games are more informal). Asked to go to a game they can win. Got to tell him that they can win any game at home this year.

Sample of one. It can't be just me though. Attendance will lag the performance but there is something consistent here now

7 year old sports nut. Takes it seriously. Would've never skipped a fall baseball game. After watching condensed game (which are great) he is on board with missing a game (fall games are more informal). Asked to go to a game they can win. Got to tell him that they can win any game at home this year.

Sample of one. It can't be just me though. Attendance will lag the performance but there is something consistent here now

My 9 year old was out with my wife and little brother and I was getting texts from her asking about how we were doing. I thought “got him” ... he eats the visual recaps up on YouTube. Getting him to a game just got much, much easier

Fall baseball for 7 year olds? Man, that’s something else. Fall ball used to just be for college teams. Then it became a thing for the really serious high school players. I had no idea they had it for young kids now too.

Fall baseball for 7 year olds? Man, that’s something else. Fall ball used to just be for college teams. Then it became a thing for the really serious high school players. I had no idea they had it for young kids now too.
These kids are just terrible. What is the point of having a son if you don't ever play catch? Never realized how many dads don't play simple stuff their kids

These kids are just terrible. What is the point of having a son if you don't ever play catch? Never realized how many dads don't play simple stuff their kids

That’s crazy. I played organized baseball on a team every spring/summer as a kid, and I guarantee I spent WAY more time playing backyard baseball with my father(who would basically run the games) and my friends than I did playing organized ball from, say, ages 5-12.

That’s crazy. I played organized baseball on a team every spring/summer as a kid, and I guarantee I spent WAY more time playing backyard baseball with my father(who would basically run the games) and my friends than I did playing organized ball from, say, ages 5-12.

My backyard had base paths indelibly set for the neighborhood baseball, whiffleball and kickball (do kids even play that anymore?) games. After some broken windows and their mean mother's nagging:cool:, my kids along with the neighborhood kids found as they turned double digit age even larger open fields they ‘named’ to play at. They named them 'Ford's field' etc after neighbors or friends. These kids all loved the movie 'sandlot' and pickle was much more than a food to them. They all played little league but considered the neighborhood games for kids spanning 3 years or so in age differences, their true and everyday epic competitions. Parents played with their kids when no other kids were available but parents mainly served as referees only when the decibel level started injuring eardrums. :p

Some of you guys would be in for a culture shock if you moved to Texas. lol. Name a sport - it's pretty much all year long, and it doesn't matter the age.

Some of you guys would be in for a culture shock if you moved to Texas. lol. Name a sport - it's pretty much all year long, and it doesn't matter the age.

That is everywhere these days. Fall lacrosse, fall baseball, spring soccer etc...
Every sport goes 11 months.

My son’s favorite sport was baseball when he was younger so we signed him up one year in addition to his other fall sports.

It was dominated by kids who could not walk and chew gum at the same time.

He never played fall baseball again.

I would love to get my little guy into some tee-ball/little league action, but he's so bad people will think I don't play with him. He's just so terrible. Can't catch or throw for anything. It's kind of amazing.

Does well with his martial arts and swimming though. I know there's some ability in there.

I’m ref and backup goalie in our daily soccer matchups. My boys (6 and 9) dream premiere league, with NFL a distant 2nd

No baseball, ever