Such mixed feelings... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Such mixed feelings...

Not letting Ped State join insured that the BE was built on a foundation of sand. Miami, VT, and BC exiting was like peeing on said foundation.

ACC was essential for SU.

Thank god we will not play anymore noon games at Temple, USF or Cincinnati. I will never miss those.
I will miss playing WVU and Rutgers though... I just hate them so much.

As for basketball, nothing will replace the BET @ MSG. To me, that was my favorite hoops week of the year.

I am so excited for the new memories and rivalries in the ACC. I dream of a day when ND and PSU join as full members and we can have North and South divisions.

The move to give ACC is purely about survival and preservation. I don't think there is a single fan among us that would prefer I viable and richly competitive big east to the ACC. This is not a slam to the ACC... It's just that the Big East has been not good, but GREAT for our competitive sports programs for the overwhelming majority of its existence.

For those of you too young to remember the 80s and 90s.,,there aren't words to describe our ascension from the ECAC to the big east.

It's been a great conference, including ALL of our best sports memories sans 1959.

I will visit its grave with find memories.

RIP.

In a word, no.

Prefer the ACC to even a "viable" Big East every which way imaginable.

And from reading the responses here, I'm not alone.

In the end it was about money. You win or you die when you play the game of thrones. ....ahh......conferences. had awesome memories of the BE battles. The Georgetown Ewing smashed orange into the glass game and the football classic with Gedney stopped at the three come to mind

It's funny you'd mention that game, since that "Big East" classic was the first time we ever played as members of the same conference.

The only constant of SU athletics has been change. We're not a Michigan, or Stanford, or Alabama, who has been largely playing the same core group of opponents since before the Great Depression. Our regular opponents, in both football and hoops, have constantly changed.

This is the next evolution of that.