Sue Edson leaving SID to teach at Falk | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sue Edson leaving SID to teach at Falk

Not to derail this thread but while some students probably had legit issues reporting stories, my experience studying at Newhouse was that it was a hotbed of egotistical people (that includes faculty too).

This is so true. I had a former friend in Newhouse who I thought of as one of my very best friends who absolutely torpedo'ed me for an adjunct position in the B School; he volunteered to give a recommendation to his friend on my behalf and absolutely gutted me.

I have been offered teaching positions at SU before, and have been declined a couple times. I have lectured classes at SU, been a panelist or a judge in business plan competitions dozens of times.

This one was completely different - and completely unprofessional on the part of the B School with the response I got. It was a personal vendetta sounding thing, not the usual type of HR speak. "You are not qualified to teach at this school."

A long line of DO sports writers finally get their wish. Sue was a notorious foe of a lot of students, many of which have gone on to big sports writing positions and held grudges against her / the school for the unnecessary fights she picked.
That explains Thamel

Well, the curmudgeons who were in the athletic dept for many years (Jake, Boeheim, Pasqualoni) weren't exactly the most "media friendly" folks to the newhouse students at the DO/media. We've had a generation of cranky folk on the Hill towards the media. Not saying it didn't work but Sue was part of this industrial complex at Syracuse University.

The amount of talent that has come through Syracuse University who hold grudges is staggering and hilarious. Time for new blood up there and glad it's happening with Fran, new SID, etc.
She sounds like the epitome of the "job for life" folks I'm railing about.