Suggestion: Hide the "Politics" Forum, Bring Back the Off-Topic Forum | Syracusefan.com

Suggestion: Hide the "Politics" Forum, Bring Back the Off-Topic Forum

Conrad13

All Conference
I know that the mods want to hide the Off-Topic forum because they're embarrassed by the political discussion there, but there are threads on there that are not about politics that I feel like get hidden. Capt. Tuttle's post today about his son's accomplishments is a good example of something that would a great thread for an Off-Topic forum, but if he posted it there only a handful of posters would see it.

What if there was a politics forum where people can debate politics that is hidden (I still don't get the decision to hide it, but appreciate everything that our mods do), and we bring back the Off-Topic forum where people can see it again?

Anyone who wants to see the off topic forum need only set a bookmark, then follow the threads they like in order to get alerts.

In time the politics will be moved off site and the off topic forum will be restored and fully visible. I've been hoping to do this sooner, but there are problems with the new script.

I don't run the board and its obviously a great place but I don't get why after seven years the political stuff has NOW become unacceptable.

Read a few random posts in the OT board for each previous year and show me when it's ever been "acceptable."

Read a few random posts in the OT board for each previous year and show me when it's ever been "acceptable."

I mean I could do the same on the basketball or football boards. And that still doesn’t really explain why after seven years NOW it’s getting removed.

The only fair question to be asked is why it wasn't done sooner, and that would be a fair question.

I guess, though reading other political boards it seems no better or worse. But you pay the bills and let me waste my time here so I’ll stop complaining.

Has to be a money issue from a certain advertiser...

The off topic boards do not generate income (<1%), but the presence of such controversial boards is a deal breaker for many advertisers.

So yes, this is about money. Historically, it's been my money needed to keep each site going. I'd rather this not continue to be the case ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom