Sunday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Sunday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
GYI0062913818.jpg

Doug Marrone is the second highest paid employee of Syracuse University

Former Player

malcom-floyd-80-curtis-brinkley-44-2012-nfl-0DnfS8.jpg

A "team insider" tells ProFootballWeekly.com the Chargers are interested in signing a veteran running back.

The Bolts worked out free agent Jackie Battle in March, while plugged-in Union-Tribune San Diego reporter Kevin Acee has suggested Cadillac Williams could be a possibility. Per Pro Football Weekly's "insider," the Chargers are willing to wait until more players are willing to sign for the minimum before making a move. It's possible the Bolts will be willing to stand on their current trio of Ryan Mathews, Curtis Brinkley and seventh-round rookie Edwin Baker.
Source: Pro Football Weekly

Around The Nation

Report: Air Force's top RB out amid drug probe

Report: Ohio St. self-reported 46 violations

Big 12-SEC Bowl Links

SEC-Big 12's agreement interesting, but is it a tipping point in college football?

ACC News

johnswofford072310.jpg

New bowl a death knell for ACC?

Blog

College Football/Basketball: The AAU Conference Proposal

GYI0062913818.jpg

Doug Marrone is the second highest paid employee of Syracuse University

Former Player

malcom-floyd-80-curtis-brinkley-44-2012-nfl-0DnfS8.jpg

A "team insider" tells ProFootballWeekly.com the Chargers are interested in signing a veteran running back.

The Bolts worked out free agent Jackie Battle in March, while plugged-in Union-Tribune San Diego reporter Kevin Acee has suggested Cadillac Williams could be a possibility. Per Pro Football Weekly's "insider," the Chargers are willing to wait until more players are willing to sign for the minimum before making a move. It's possible the Bolts will be willing to stand on their current trio of Ryan Mathews, Curtis Brinkley and seventh-round rookie Edwin Baker.
Source: Pro Football Weekly

Around The Nation

Report: Air Force's top RB out amid drug probe

Report: Ohio St. self-reported 46 violations

Big 12-SEC Bowl Links

SEC-Big 12's agreement interesting, but is it a tipping point in college football?

ACC News

johnswofford072310.jpg

New bowl a death knell for ACC?

Blog

College Football/Basketball: The AAU Conference Proposal

I just wonder if the Big 12 and SEC realize that the idea is to appeal to a mass audience.

I have no interest in the Big 12 - SEC bowl game.

And the more the talent and money are concentrated in a fewer number of college teams the less interest there will be nationally.

The NCAA BB Tournament makes clear that true interest is generated when every region has a dog in the fight.

This effort to corner the market is a self-defeating enterprise - it's bad business in the long term.

And it reflects an unbelievable level of greed.

I never watch SEC football and have even more incentive not to watch it in the future.

The good news in that first article is the recovery being made by the endowment investments.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

cornell went thru the same cycle.. we laid off hundreds of people and cut budgets to the bone.. while at the same time the endowment has gone crazy gaining back the losses. where they thought it would take 5 years it has taken less than two.. now we are short staffed everywhere. people are pissed, cornell has more money than ever and now we dont have the staff to do the job well..

in hind-site should have fired the top 2 % who were making all the bad decisions all along and kept everyone else..

The good news in that first article is the recovery being made by the endowment investments.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yes, but still a small endowment, relatively speaking.

cornell went thru the same cycle.. we laid off hundreds of people and cut budgets to the bone.. while at the same time the endowment has gone crazy gaining back the losses. where they thought it would take 5 years it has taken less than two.. now we are short staffed everywhere. people are pissed, cornell has more money than ever and now we dont have the staff to do the job well..

in hind-site should have fired the top 2 % who were making all the bad decisions all along and kept everyone else..

Stock market has doubled.

GM has been saved and is flourishing.

Twenty four straight months of increased private sector employment.

More oil production in U.S. than in last ten years.

Bin Laden dead.

Iraq war over.

Pretty good record.

I just wonder if the Big 12 and SEC realize that the idea is to appeal to a mass audience.

I have no interest in the Big 12 - SEC bowl game.

And the more the talent and money are concentrated in a fewer number of college teams the less interest there will be nationally.

The NCAA BB Tournament makes clear that true interest is generated when every region has a dog in the fight.

This effort to corner the market is a self-defeating enterprise - it's bad business in the long term.

And it reflects an unbelievable level of greed.

I never watch SEC football and have even more incentive not to watch it in the future.

For me personally, I think if college football really does shrink to a 4 X 16, 64 team sport, it will turn me off quite a bit to the sport itself. And that's saying a lot because it has been, by far, my favorite sport since I went all in back in 1991.

But it really seems to be a fascination with the media to get to this level. Would they like it more that way? It's hard to say they wouldn't the way they're dying to write about it.

How will the ratings hold up? There are so many die hards of the last 64 standing, so there's that large chunk of people that TV can count on. But how about the sports fans who don't have a favorite among the 64 (be it more pro-centric fans, or those who were a fan of a school left behind)? Will they find college football more interesting? It seems like the structure leading to a playoff that fits into a nice math equation that people seem to require in order to not go crazy. So will the ratings for the sport overall (regular season and postseason) jump, or will it push more people to only care about Sunday football.

I hope I don't have to find all this out. The way everyone seems to want to rally around it and take a simple bowl agreement and turn it into the story they've lived their lives for, I can't help but wonder if the momentum will infect those who can impact the decision. People like the President of Florida State. A school that you think would be safe and be able to make money whereever it happens to be.

Stock market has doubled.

GM has been saved and is flourishing.

Twenty four straight months of increased private sector employment.

More oil production in U.S. than in last ten years.

Bin Laden dead.

Iraq war over.

Pretty good record.
Where in the world did you get that from?:eek:
292555_369340453122674_115565601833495_76700958_35697937_n.jpg

Where in the world did you get that from?:eek:
292555_369340453122674_115565601833495_76700958_35697937_n.jpg

Can't comment on all of it, but a couple of things.

Oil prices are less than they were under Bush.

Most of ObamaCare has not yet become operative so the cost you reference has no relationship to it.

And, if my health care costs only go up 23% I'll be thrilled. Under Bush they were going up 50% per year.

Bottom line - Bush - who I voted for two times - created a huge deficit, lost jobs, and caused the greatest depresssion since 1927.

And Mitt Romney wants to implement Bush Economics.

For me, it's fool me once . . .

Sorry for the post. I won't bring it up again.