R.I.P Dan
9914474-standard.jpg

Orange expected to contend for Big East title

Syracuse University's offense must pull its weight this season

Fresh faces on Syracuse University defense have standard to maintain

Syracuse depth chart for season opener against Wake Forest

9932499-large.jpg

2011 Syracuse University Football Preview: Ryan Nassib's Rise

It's time for Syracuse University football fans to step up in the Carrier Dome and be counted

Rahme, Weidner, and Poliquin's predictions for the 2011 season

A look at Syracuse University's 2011 opponents

Replacing star punter Rob Long is a complicated priority

Reasons to watch every SU football game this season

Fifteen years later, the Carrier Dome menu is just about the same

9910020-large.jpg

Syracuse Orange Cartoons Blog: An introduction

SU's Schedule

SU Photos

Videos

9472790-standard.jpg

Phillip Thomas back at safety for Syracuse University football ...

It's official: SU Football in game week mode

Orange Players Aiming Higher in 2011

Watch Syracuse Football Online | Cuse Game Live Streaming

OOC Opponent

934908_display_image.jpg

The Trojans bludgeon Syracuse, 60-6 and rise to No. 5.

or

The Trojans bounce back by whipping Syracuse 33-10, but Arizona State sacks Barkley four times in a 24-10 victory.

Read more at ESPN

Former Players

950f20e5dc134a56a7af2e8ed5e66b48--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

I expect good things out of rookie running back Delone Carter, mostly because I very much like the idea of Carter. This team needs a short-yardage goal-line back. He was hardly working against front line defenders, I understand. But he not only got a tough yard -- converting a third-and-1 when there was nothing there -- but he had a couple of nice longer runs.

A lost fumble was overturned by challenge, and a wide run with a spin move suggested he can be more than just a between-the-tackles pounder. He did look lost in one pass-protection situation.

ESPN

Former Syracuse Center Ryan Bartholomew Released By Baltimore Ravens

A left sweep ended in a short-yardage TD for Chisholm two possessions after Pirates quarterback David Legree faked a handoff into his belly, then waltzed untouched around right tackle and into the end zone for the Blue team's first score. The fluidity of the play prompted a nearby cheerleader to remark, "Dang. That was too easy."

Legree, wearing the quarterback's red, no-contact jersey, was pressured a few times, but rarely had to improvise with one of the run-for-his-life scrambles that frequently disrupted HU's offensive flow last season.

DP

Around The Big East

Big%2012%20Logo.preview.jpg

Time for Big 12 to raid Big East

What does UConn have in Pasqualoni?

In Pasqualoni, did UConn hire proven winner or failed Syracuse coach?

Scarlet Knights can only go up

2011 Preview: In Wide-Open Big East, Question Marks Abound

Around The Nation

A&M's likely move to SEC viewed asprogressive change

Canes QB Harris expects to play at Maryland

Tressel says he loves Pryor, tells fans sorry

Notre Dame starts program on aerial lift safety

Tar Heels committee meets to start AD search

Former Recruiting Target

images

Shawn Bodtmann is a backup for Maine

High School

9912382-standard.jpg

Cameron MacPherson, CBA's QB

Excitment abounds on Scrimmage Saturday

Bishop Grimes back on the field

Super 25: No. 2 Aquinas tops No. 3 Prattville

Premium

bilde

Shallman Starts the Season Strong

Shallman, a 6'3, 250-lb junior, is one of the top recruits in his class, and already holds offers from Michigan, Syracuse and Cincinnati in addition to ...

Blogs

USC vs SU prediction

Packers vs Colts: Could Delone Carter Emerge as Fantasy Football Sleeper?

Delone Carter, who looked fairly good otherwise, came very close to fumbling the ball away again on a carry later in the quarter.

SBN

Dear lord,
I would donate my left nut to science if Syracuse were to beat USC this season.
Amen.

Has anyone tried that college football streming site for 12.95/yr? I wonder if it is good quality and how many syracuse games are covered.

Dear lord,
I would donate my left nut to science if Syracuse were to beat USC this season.
Amen.

Reminds me of that old Mastercard commercial where Denis Leary gives his left nut just to see the Sox win a World Series.

I do believe Ryan has the potential to be a very good QB, the make up is there. Reading all the articles has me pumped. Can't wait for Thursday!

I do believe Ryan has the potential to be a very good QB, the make up is there. Reading all the articles has me pumped. Can't wait for Thursday!
Nassib will be as good as his offensive line. Last year there were plenty of times when Hay & Tiller looked absolutely lost in pass blocking. Also, SU has a new center. If Macky can't keep on-rushing DLs out of the backfiled, the running game may have problems forcing too many 3rd and longs.

Enjoyed the article about Nassib. Surprised he was benching 420 pounds at one point.

Nassib will be as good as his offensive line. Last year there were plenty of times when Hay & Tiller looked absolutely lost in pass blocking. Also, SU has a new center. If Macky can't keep on-rushing DLs out of the backfiled, the running game may have problems forcing too many 3rd and longs.

Do you want your handle fixed now that we have increased the characters allowed?

After seeing this team play the last two years, I don't think it would be possible to lose 33-10 to USC, never mind lose 60-6. That's an absolutely ridiculous prediction with no basis besides a Pac-12 Bias.

If it's not too much trouble can I get the "Fish" back... it's no biggie if it takes more than 30 seconds to do.

Just

"Fish"?

If the o-line protects decently this season, Nassib will do just fine...

I understand what you are saying, my comments were made under the premise that everyone else is doing what they are supposed to do. With that being said though, I still believe Ryan might have a little more to offer than we all may realize. I'm not saying he can carry a team, but he could defineately be a playmaker, because he's becoming one right before our eyes. (I said playmaker not star).

After seeing this team play the last two years, I don't think it would be possible to lose 33-10 to USC, never mind lose 60-6. That's an absolutely ridiculous prediction with no basis besides a Pac-12 Bias.

Nope, it's either going to be a whipping or a bludgeoning.