SUNY Buffalo shows off New York | Syracusefan.com

SUNY Buffalo shows off New York

They really have no choice. With all due respect to the natives, Buffalo is a hole. Although, you would think having an NFL team in the area would help them better market themselves under the Buffalo brand. If I were a Buffalo native, I'd be pissed that the name of my city, the one the school is supposed to represent, has been relegated to a font size smaller than the MAC conference patch. Well done, UB. Well done.

It's amazing to me how so many people in Syracuse think Buffalo is a hole. A lot of people in Buffalo think the same about Syracuse. Newsflash: it's the same city except Buffalo is a little bit bigger.

As far as UB goes, I want the name changed to New York State University. It's the biggest and best SUNY and deserves the title. "Buffalo" sounds like the name of a regional school rather than the state flagship that it is.

I believe they are just trying to become the flagship of the SUNY system which they should.

Has nothing to do about being NY's football or basketball team.

It's amazing to me how so many people in Syracuse think Buffalo is a hole. A lot of people in Buffalo think the same about Syracuse. Newsflash: it's the same city except Buffalo is a little bit bigger.

As far as UB goes, I want the name changed to New York State University. It's the biggest and best SUNY and deserves the title. "Buffalo" sounds like the name of a regional school rather than the state flagship that it is.

According to US News and World Report the Environmental Sciences and Forestry college located across the street from that Dome thingy in -- what is the name of that place?...of yeah, Syracuse! -- is the best SUNY.

They really have no choice. With all due respect to the natives, Buffalo is a hole. Although, you would think having an NFL team in the area would help them better market themselves under the Buffalo brand. If I were a Buffalo native, I'd be pissed that the name of my city, the one the school is supposed to represent, has been relegated to a font size smaller than the MAC conference patch. Well done, UB. Well done.

You are from Syracuse (or have some affiliation with it, like going to school there) and you call Buffalo a hole? Have you been to Buffalo recently? Next summer go to the water front and tell me what you think...

Your view is an ignorant "national" view of Buffalo.

I'd think someone from the Upstate area would understand the challenges it faces but also the special things that Buffalo has, just like Syracuse and Rochester.

According to US News and World Report the Environmental Sciences and Forestry college located across the street from that Dome thingy in -- what is the name of that place?...of yeah, Syracuse! -- is the best SUNY.
How good are there sports?...Wait.

Also Buffalo is vastly improving there water front, expanding there UB downtown Medical campus (Nationally commended) and building a massive massive brilliant Hockey facility that will attract talent all over the globe.

Buffalo is making strides as well.

Remember boys, we don't like Albany and below. Not Buffalo.

You are from Syracuse (or have some affiliation with it, like going to school there) and you call Buffalo a hole? Have you been to Buffalo recently? Next summer go to the water front and tell me what you think...

Your view is an ignorant "national" view of Buffalo.

I'd think someone from the Upstate area would understand the challenges it faces but also the special things that Buffalo has, just like Syracuse and Rochester.

As a born and raised Syracusan and a die hard Jets fan who lived with Bills fans during college, the same Bill fans that hated Syracuse and took digs because all we had was "a college team", I reserve the right to call it a hole. :)

Actually, Syracuse, Buffalo and Utica are somewhat kindred spirits. All are heavily blue collar, considered desolate wastelands of snow, and really are rust belt in every sense of the word. I always considered Rochester and Albany to be a bit "uppity", as they seemed to place themselves higher than Syracuse and Buffalo. All I know is that Rochester has always had the second highest crime rate in the state next to NYC. That's something to be proud of, Rochester. ;). I could never really hate on them too much, though, because there were a lot of SU fans there.

Albany? All I think of when I hear that name is the 2003 Final Four and horrible politicians. Albany is wannabee NYC.

Every time I drive by Albany on the throughway I think I'm entering a god dam Utopia with those dorm buildings and the capitol.

Rustles my jimmys everytime.

As a born and raised Syracusan and a die hard Jets fan who lived with Bills fans during college, the same Bill fans that hated Syracuse and took digs because all we had was "a college team", I reserve the right to call it a hole. :)

Actually, Syracuse, Buffalo and Utica are somewhat kindred spirits. All are heavily blue collar, considered desolate wastelands of snow, and really are rust belt in every sense of the word. I always considered Rochester and Albany to be a bit "uppity", as they seemed to place themselves higher than Syracuse and Buffalo. All I know is that Rochester has always had the second highest crime rate in the state next to NYC. That's something to be proud of, Rochester. ;). I could never really hate on them too much, though, because there were a lot of SU fans there.

Albany? All I think of when I hear that name is the 2003 Final Four and horrible politicians. Albany is wannabee NYC.

I'm all for Syracuse, Buffalo and Rochester being united on the same page. They are the same. I think it basically is the same culture. All though I agree that Rochester and Albany think that they are more like NYC. Dumb. I love Syracuse and Buffalo. They are my home city and city where my school is.