SUNY cancels all winter sports | Syracusefan.com

SUNY cancels all winter sports

I was talking to my buddy who coaches at Poly last weekend about it and he said they and the NAC are still trying to figure out a way to play. Doesn't look good though and this decision will probably trickle down to the SUNYs that play in other leagues. Not enough money for testing. Sucks for the players

I had lunch today with Bobby Valentine, AD at Sacred Heart, who was about to have a conference call with the other ADs in the Northeast Conference to discuss this very subject. He had a lot of thoughts as to how to rescue the college basketball season, but I don't think it's fair to report here on what he assumed was a private conversation. He is, however, convinced that the NCAA will do everything possible to avoid missing another D-1 basketball tournament.

I had lunch today with Bobby Valentine, AD at Sacred Heart, who was about to have a conference call with the other ADs in the Northeast Conference to discuss this very subject. He had a lot of thoughts as to how to rescue the college basketball season, but I don't think it's fair to report here on what he assumed was a private conversation. He is, however, convinced that the NCAA will do everything possible to avoid missing another D-1 basketball tournament.

Thanks for sharing Joyce. Sure hope we get some hoops (safely) this year.

These kids need to be tested 2-3 times a week for what 20 weeks? If they are doing pool testing they are only talking 3-5 tests a week. Money for testing can be figured out for alot of these places. Now if they need daily tests its more.. There are tests that will work for them that are cheap and pretty good chance they have more by Jan..

Almost all the hockey leagues have announced plans. Not the Ivy though

Sorry, I confused those two SUNY schools with their membership in the mighty American East Conf.
Gottcha, I thought maybe we both got our wires crossed and maybe you had some long-awaited scheduling news!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom