SUNY Cortland - Final Four | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

SUNY Cortland - Final Four

Oh wow, watched the second quarter and they couldn't stop the run game. ended up watching the first three episodes of the new season of Reacher so missed the rest of the game. Looks like they figured it out and won. Congrats to Cortland!
I waited until after the game to watch Reacher.. tired as can be this morning but was worth it.

Cortland will take them down.
I AM SO HAPPY TO BE SO WRONG!!!! Woo! Go C-STATE. I've been watching my Dragons all year but bought into the North Central hype machine. They're a great team but C-State did what they've done all year. Get punched in the mouth and punch right back.

Congrats to our Cortland Alumni, although you have never beat my Suny Oswego Lakers in football !!
Ha! I'm a double alum - Cortland and Oswego. And then Syracuse. What a great game last night. North Central played like the Soviets in the '80 Olympics. They made so many calls that just reeked of disrespect for Cortland. They have steamrolled teams for so long that they assumed they could do the same in this game. 4th and 17 and going for it instead of kicking a FG, going for two at the end, etc. It was a lack of respect that the team across the field from them was also good enough to get to the Stagg Bowl.

College football at every level needs relevant Northeastern teams. Here's hoping Syracuse can build towards what Cortland just did.

GBe1hVFWUAAnug-

I AM SO HAPPY TO BE SO WRONG!!!! Woo! Go C-STATE. I've been watching my Dragons all year but bought into the North Central hype machine. They're a great team but C-State did what they've done all year. Get punched in the mouth and punch right back.
Zach Boyes is so good at every aspect of being a quarterback, I can't bet against a guy of his caliber.

Anyone have a clip of the final handshake? I missed it but rewatching it. Either way, congrats Cortland!

If Cortland State can rise up to be the kings of D3 football, which has something like 330 teams nationwide, there's no reason the Orange can't do the same thing at the FBS level. At least I believe it can be done.

Belief you can do it is the first step.

9780451214560-us.jpg

Weird stat: 3-7 first half, 35-30 second half. Same teams.

Wild game. And to top it off that a big defensive play decides the game after that high octane second half? Miraculous.

It was a heavyweight fight for the title. The first 5 or 6 rounds are just gauging and measuring up the opponent. The last rounds you go on the attack and try to knock the opponent out.

I hear many modern parents doing their best Marv Marinovich "it's only D 3" as if their child can play at that level with ease. Dedication, competition, and time commitment is severe oh and there's that thing ...talent.
What an experience for the CState players.
To be clear this is not my view. This video encapsulates those dee bag parents described by Newhouser.

fireworks and all coming into town last night.. they have to restock for 4th of july now.

D3 football in New York been on an upswing and this championship by Cortland State is going to really send it to another level. If the state would allow more games and practice time for high school football it would help.

I know I'm just an old man yelling at clouds with this take but I'm a little saddened with scenes like this and everyone recording instead of being in the moment.

It's been a great weekend in Cortland! My father played football at SUNY Cortland from 1972-1976 so we all got together to watch the game Friday night. I grew up right behind the old 'Chugger' Davis Field and spent a lot of my childhood going to football games, as well as running on the track and playing football on the field with the other neighborhood kids.

TWO CORTLAND WRS TO THE NFL

First and foremost congrats to these two gentleman who signed undrafted rookie deals. Truly an amazing accomplishment as a D3 athlete.

Now on the flip side…. Cortland FLIPPIN State has more nfl signings this year so far then cuse…. Am I doing the simple math correctly here? Holy hell that’s a mind boggling stat and quite sad. Now I know we could’ve had some more signings if Barron and wax went to nfl, but those scenarios are also the case for pretty much all P5 schools.

Thank you to the man up above for Fran Brown. This will be changed drastically in short order.