Super positive image for lacrosse. | Syracusefan.com

Super positive image for lacrosse.

Hoo's That

Living Legend
Great NY Times article today. I do wonder what the Cornell guy is talking about since the primary places to get lax players for the longest time were the Baltimore prep schools and the LI public schools.

Great NY Times article today. I do wonder what the Cornell guy is talking about since the primary places to get lax players for the longest time were the Baltimore prep schools and the LI public schools.
Yes. That time frame was all wrong. L.I. was a hotbed in the '60's or earlier, and Upstate kids started making their mark by the very early '70's.

It would be very good for ACC lacrosse' image if they were to hold the ACC tourney in the dome and draw 20,000 plus fans, which it easily could.

It would be very good for ACC lacrosse' image if they were to hold the ACC tourney in the dome and draw 20,000 plus fans, which it easily could.
ACC tournament rotates between the members. We will host in the next several years.

It'll be in the Dome in probably 2020 or 2021.

You've got a better chance of drawing Skippy on the back of a matchbook cover then we have of drawing 20,000.

There were less than 3,000 people at UVa this year and at Duke last year.

You've got a better chance of drawing Skippy on the back of a matchbook cover then we have of drawing 20,000.

SU outdraws that all the time by itself for a big home game. If it was promoted by the ACC and SU AD, there would be a big turnout.

SU outdraws that all the time by itself for a big home game. If it was promoted by the ACC and SU AD, there would be a big turnout.

We played Albany when they were the #3 team in the country back in February.

It was the largest crowd of the season.

We haven't seen 20,000 for home game since the Gaits were here.

When the NCAA tournament Final Four was held in the Dome in 1998 (the semi-final game against Penn was the game in which Air Gate occurred), final game attendance was 20,007.

Saying we draw 20K 'all the time' is just not correct. It has happened once. Once. And that was the NC game.

From the SU Lax media Guide:
upload_2018-5-6_20-36-49.png

Edit: I meant 1988, not 1998. :oops:

Last edited:
We played Albany when they were the #3 team in the country back in February.

It was the largest crowd of the season.

We haven't seen 20,000 for home game since the Gaits were here.
Yes. But this would be an exciting double header, at the home of lacrosse in Onondaga county, where the sport was invented by the 6 nations.

Yes. But this would be an exciting double header, at the home of lacrosse in Onondaga county, where the sport was invented by the 6 nations.

Monster Trucks outdraw LAX in Onondaga County.

Sad but true.

When the NCAA tournament Final Four was held in the Dome in 1998 (the semi-final game against Penn was the game in which Air Gate occurred), final game attendance was 20,148.

Saying we draw 20K 'all the time' is just not correct.
I think your dates are wrong and I didn't say SU draws 20k plus aall the time. I said I think the ACC tourney could draw those kind of crowds.

We’d have to be in the F4 to have a shot.

I think your dates are wrong and I didn't say SU draws 20k plus aall the time. I said I think the ACC tourney could draw those kind of crowds.
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, yes you did.

I was saying they outdraw the 3,000 at Virginia and Duke held tourney's. Air Gait was in "88, I was at the game.
Got it. And I did fatfinger the date. I corrected it.

SU charges too much for tickets. They’re only about $7 behind football tickets for big games. I don’t see many CNY lax families with two or more kids shelling out $50+ for admission, $10 for parking and another $35-50 on concessions when all the games are on ESPN or some other streaming service for a few bucks. If they want to draw fans they need to lower the concession and ticket prices, which they won’t do. An SU lacrosse game costs more than a Chiefs game.

The ACC tournament needs to be at a true neutral site, not rotated through the schools. Somewhere between southern PA and northern Virginia would be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom