Super pumped but uhhh...what we gonna do about duke? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Super pumped but uhhh...what we gonna do about duke?

We aren't going to be anything than what we are.

We need to draw fouls and stay agressive to get points at the line.

We need an extra shot or two to drop that might not otherwise.

Keep up the defensive intensity. Leave it on the floor for every rebound. Get them frustrated on offense. See if the pressure starts taking a toll on the young players.

With that said, nothing would surprise me with this team anymore. Marek could go crazy and hit five threes.

All good points. I think if we can prevent them from getting an alley-oop every other possession we can keep the game where we want it. Low scoring and ugly. Have total faith in this team in a close game down the stretch.

Well, they are most used to our zone than the first 3 teams we've played.

But, MSU has more size, depth, defense and rebounding than Duke.

Us vs. Duke is essentially just 5 on 5 - Bolden may play a bit, maybe O'Connell, but not much else. Duke only has 2 3pt shooters. Duke has less elite perimeter defenders than MSU.

MSU was a way worse matchup than Duke is, IMO. I say we dare them to shoot 30 3's.

Like other's have said, Howard/Battle/OB have to drive drive drive. Get them in foul trouble, make them guard us.

Avoid two fouls by a center by the 15 minute mark.

No stupid fouls on charges or over the backs.

Rebound, every player.

Protect the ball, but try to create offense off penetration.

Make a few treys

Prosper.

It is a bit annoying that we play duke. Why can’t we get a better draw just in terms of playing somebody we haven’t seen. We play duke every year. Duke annoys me and getting frustrated over them is a yearly occurrence. Don’t need to see it again till next year.

I know we are last team and and lucky to play anybody blah blah.

Right now Syracuse is playing the best defense they’ve played all year. It’s not a fluke. Held Duke to 60 pts. when they played them and Duke was familiar with the zone then too.

This is why the tournament is so good. Every team is in it because they’re good and if they’re still alive they’re also playing well.

It is a bit annoying that we play duke. Why can’t we get a better draw just in terms of playing somebody we haven’t seen. We play duke every year. Duke annoys me and getting frustrated over them is a yearly occurrence. Don’t need to see it again till next year.

I know we are last team and and lucky to play anybody blah blah.
What's annoying is that either way if we get past Duke we play another team that we played already this year. We are 1-2 against the three teams in our region this season.

We aren't going to be anything than what we are.

We need to draw fouls and stay agressive to get points at the line.

We need an extra shot or two to drop that might not otherwise.

Keep up the defensive intensity. Leave it on the floor for every rebound. Get them frustrated on offense. See if the pressure starts taking a toll on the young players.

With that said, nothing would surprise me with this team anymore. Marek could go crazy and hit five threes.

Considering he's hit less than five threes all year that would really surprise me!

This isnt being played on tobacco road. Take greyson out mentally as soon as possible. They’re vulnerable when hes not on

I've got a feeling that the crowd will be rooting for us. That place will be overrun by KU fans. I'm sure they'd rather face us than Duke.

Dolezajs emergence, while more subtle vs MSU, chsnges a lot of things. He will likely get good looks vs Duke and you can just tell he is very comfortable now and showcasing his skillset. This is the game we need to over perform on offense and I like our chances to do so. Also, Sidibe has been as mobile as you could ever hope for this tournament given his limitations. I expect a war and one we can win. This team is capable of anything with the defense along with having 3 guys who can create their own offense and a 4th emerging in Dolezaj.

I don't know if I've blocked that Duke game out of my memory or what -- the only things I remember were us not scoring in the first half (16 pts at halftime) and Duke starting with about an 0-fer after about a dozen threes.

Anyone remember how we tried to attack their zone? I would think that Dolezaj's new-found game could make him an option to put at the foul line. What we have to avoid is pounding the hardwood and launching long-contested J's. I hope JB draws up something that keeps us in it for Friday.

Dolezaj is the secret weapon. He goes off for 2o. They aren't expecting him to shoot. Other than that we need Tyus to have the shooting game of his life.

We’re overdue for a breakout offensive game. Battle, Brisset and Howard will each go off for 20 and the supporting cast will chip in their fair share.

We ended James Harden’s college career. Will be nice to end Grayson Allen’s as well.

whoa...I take offense to James Harden's name being mentioned in the same breath as Allen. one is a first ballot NBA Hall of Famer, and the other is a failed member of the Cobra Kai

Duke is obviously going to zone us. With the way MD is playing, I believe this may actually play into our hands this time around. he is quite adept at making the right play against zones and now with his new found confidence, I think he will look more to finish and shoot himself, further opening things up for others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom