Surprise players who step up next season | Syracusefan.com

Surprise players who step up next season

kcsu

Living Legend
Pick anyone who didnt start a game last year who you believe is going to be a significant contributor this year. 2 for both O and D.

My picks O: Both Johnsons at WR
D: Kingsley Jonathon at DE and Melifonu at DB. Sorry about the spelling.

Kingsley is a very interesting prospect to say the least, his path here was so strange that I almost forget he ever made it her. He seems to have a world potential

Kingsley is a very interesting prospect to say the least, his path here was so strange that I almost forget he ever made it her. He seems to have a world potential
Agreed. In limited action i was impressed. I think that by the fall he is a solid 265. He just looks the part.

Offense: Aaron Hackett and Nyk Johnson

Defense: Duwayne Johnson (when he commits and signs) and Tyrell Richards

Given what we lose, you'd think it will need to be a WR and a LB. But i wouldnt be surprised to see one of either Strickland or Neal have a big year.

Given what we lose, you'd think it will need to be a WR and a LB. But i wouldnt be surprised to see one of either Strickland or Neal have a big year.
They will but the idea of the post is to pick players WHO DIDNT start last year.

DaDa at LB someplace - dude gets there FAST and with very bad intentions.
Trill at DB and maybe PR - kid just has "it"
I think Iffy at DB someplace or nickel/dime - his brother is an NFL talent, he might be also - or even better.
Josh Black coming back from injury should be very helpful, and he's big enough now to play inside, where we desperately need bodies.

Nyk Johnson will be the new Erv (if Moe doesn't move to the slot).
I still think Pierre might be a really good RB for us - hope he gets a legit shot this year.

DaDa at LB someplace - dude gets there FAST and with very bad intentions.
Trill at DB and maybe PR - kid just has "it"
I think Iffy at DB someplace or nickel/dime - his brother is an NFL talent, he might be also - or even better.
Josh Black coming back from injury should be very helpful, and he's big enough now to play inside, where we desperately need bodies.

Nyk Johnson will be the new Erv (if Moe doesn't move to the slot).
I still think Pierre might be a really good RB for us - hope he gets a legit shot this year.

100% agree on N. Johnson and Pierre. I was disappointed we wasted Pierre's red shirt last year. I like him a lot better than Strickland or Neal. Hoping Moe moves to the slot & Pierre sees the bulk of the carries, with Strick and/or 1 of the frosh getting some as well.

100% agree on N. Johnson and Pierre. I was disappointed we wasted Pierre's red shirt last year. I like him a lot better than Strickland or Neal. Hoping Moe moves to the slot & Pierre sees the bulk of the carries, with Strick and/or 1 of the frosh getting some as well.
Not sure I agree here. Wasn't impressed with Pierre's play last year and it had nothing to do with the fumble. I thought his high school highlight tape was super dynamic but I couldn't find much translation in his limited spots last year. Maybe something changes this year, but I think Neal would be phenomenal at RB.

Anyway, my answer to the OP is above

Some of these picks are super random (unless you've seen practices)

Offense
Nykiem Johnson
RTB
Alternate – Sharod Johnson

Defense
Tyrell Richards
Nadarious Fagan

Alternate – Iffy
Darkhorse Devon Clarke – safety

All Freshman Team
Trill Williams
Mychale Salahuddin
Ed Hendrix
Darkhorse - Anthony Queeley

Airon Servais & Evan Foster.
Both upcoming juniors academically even though Servais will be RS Soph. Playing a sport in college, I saw first hand the sophomore to junior year jump is make or break for most athletes and you tend to see the greatest gains mentally and physically.

Hot take: Servais will be a second round draft pick when his career ends at Syracuse.

[I didn't read the original post about non-starter. opps... edit Shy and Patrick Davis]

Not sure I agree here. Wasn't impressed with Pierre's play last year and it had nothing to do with the fumble. I thought his high school highlight tape was super dynamic but I couldn't find much translation in his limited spots last year. Maybe something changes this year, but I think Neal would be phenomenal at RB.

Anyway, my answer to the OP is above

I think Neal is more dynamic than Pierre. I also think he can be a little bit of a game-breaker at RB, but his (lack of) size worries me. If someone squares him up, or he takes a constant pounding, I don't think he's built to handle that kind of punishment. I prefer to get him the ball in space and let him go. Pierre isn't the home-run threat Moe may be, but I think his overall production would be greater than Moe at RB. Also looks like we may have some other options with the transfer of Abdul Adams and another couple of backs coming in. Overall, I feel a lot better about the RB situation in 2018 than I did in 2017. One thing I think we agree on, Strickland is not the answer.

I think Neal is more dynamic than Pierre. I also think he can be a little bit of a game-breaker at RB, but his (lack of) size worries me. If someone squares him up, or he takes a constant pounding, I don't think he's built to handle that kind of punishment. I prefer to get him the ball in space and let him go. Pierre isn't the home-run threat Moe may be, but I think his overall production would be greater than Moe at RB. Also looks like we may have some other options with the transfer of Abdul Adams and another couple of backs coming in. Overall, I feel a lot better about the RB situation in 2018 than I did in 2017. One thing I think we agree on, Strickland is not the answer.
Keep in mind that Adams is not available in 2018.

Offense
Nykiem Johnson
RTB
Alternate – Sharod Johnson

Defense
Tyrell Richards
Nadarious Fagan

Alternate – Iffy
Darkhorse Devon Clarke – safety

All Freshman Team
Trill Williams
Mychale Salahuddin
Ed Hendrix
Darkhorse - Anthony Queeley
I like Clarke as well

Defense - Richards...Because he has to.

Offense - Picking Roberts would probably be cheating. So I’ll say Agent Johnson. No, the other one. (Sharod).

Zach Morton is one guy that seems to be forgotten.

We will see a bunch of new faces at WR, LB, and DB, but I won’t be surprised when they perform well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom