Surprised when I looked at the box score | Syracusefan.com

Surprised when I looked at the box score

DonLightfoot

All Conference
I was so frustrated during the Wake game with all the missed free throws. This game should never have been that close. However, as it turns out, we shot 67% from the line. On the surface you could say that is pretty good for a Syracuse team, but what was the percentage with about four minutes to go? It's good to see us making a high percentage of them late in games.

Cj and Jerami have got to start making theirs at a better clip.
Especially CJ. He made a pair only once last night.

CJ especially. He's usually money but last night I was like What CJ ?

Completely understand your point.

We were 13-23 over the first 36 minutes of the game, but over the final 4 minutes we were 9 of 10 from the line. No question that all points count the same towards the final margin, but it is nice to see guys hit their FTs at nut cutting time.

You also have to pay attention to who is taking the free throw. Down the stretch Cooney and Ennis were 7 of 8 and CJ was 2 of 2. In the earlier part of the game Keita had 3 attempts, Grant 9 and Fair 9.....Ennis only 2 and Cooney none. In late game situations where we are protecting a lead it should be Cooney and Ennis and possibly Fair getting the majority of attempts. Fortunately our guards are our most reliable free throw shooters.

Because our two best shooters shot tons at the end of the game when the game was decided.

CJ has gotta get his stuff together at the line.

grant actually hit the backboard on the fly on a ft last nite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom