SU's "What ifs" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU's "What ifs"

They make the FF and lose to UNC (Stackhouse and Wallace)

20+ years later I still don’t know what to make of that 94-95 SU team.

Returned 4 starters from a sweet 16 team including two all time greats, and had a stud JUCO transfer and a 4th year junior(who would play point on an NC runner up the following year) to replace the one we lost.

We started 14-1 and were ranked #6 at that point. Then we basically just lost close game after close game the rest of the year. Then we had defending champion Arkansas all but beat in the tourney...but found another way to lose another close game.

Shouldve been a wire to wire top 15 team and strong “secondary” final four contender IMO.

Weird season that I really have no explanation for.

Even if we beat Arkansas given the personality of that team we probably lose to Memphis the next week.

I still wonder if Hak didn't get a finger on Henrich's shot at the buzzer, as well as blocking Lee's shot. Henrich's shot never got there and Kueth grabbed it in front of the basket. How could Henrich be that far off?

I thought Heinrichs last shot was too strong.

UK was great, no doubt. With Fab we were better. I think we lost one game with him if memory serves me it was against Cincinnati and one of his first games back.

We were ranked #1 more weeks than they were. I do think they were better but I'd like to have seen that confrontation with all hands on deck - and quality refereeing.

Even though Flynn was a great player, the team improved by leaps and bounds between 2009 and 2010. I'm wondering if he would have thrown off the perfect balance of that 2010 team.
No way. Flynn was a stud. That team would have been even more of a juggernaut.

20+ years later I still don’t know what to make of that 94-95 SU team.

Returned 4 starters from a sweet 16 team including two all time greats, and had a stud JUCO transfer and a 4th year junior(who would play point on an NC runner up the following year) to replace the one we lost.

We started 14-1 and were ranked #6 at that point. Then we basically just lost close game after close game the rest of the year. Then we had defending champion Arkansas all but beat in the tourney...but found another way to lose another close game.

Shouldve been a wire to wire top 15 team and strong “secondary” final four contender IMO.

Weird season that I really have no explanation for.

If I remember correctly Michael Lloyd hit a half-court buzzer beater to (edit) tie GW at Manley to send to OT, and then hit another buzzer beater to win at Providence. I've never seen video of either of these shots since I watched them live 25 years ago.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly Michael Lloyd hit a half-court buzzer beater to beat GW at Manley to send to OT, and then hit another buzzer beater to win at Providence. I've never seen video of either of these shots since I watched them live 25 years ago.
We lost the GW game in OT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom