Suspected drunk SU student crashes into Mt. Olympus stairs | Syracusefan.com

Suspected drunk SU student crashes into Mt. Olympus stairs

Someone who does that should not be released with tickets.

"Suspected"

Of course it was Daddy's range rover too.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2011/12/car_strikes_mount_olympus_stai.html

mount-olympus-crashjpg-7df26cbcca9f6b8b.jpg

Was trying to take the short cut to Graham Dining Hall.

My roommate was there in the ambulance (works for SUA). Said the kid was noticeably and obviously Ham.

Scoop didn't do it. Nobody saw Scoop do it. You can't prove anything.

Got to agree with one of the comments from the story... if it was an athlete, the name would be plastered all over... but 'just a student' and their identity is protected???

Then again it's prob to protect them, b/c if I was there and had to walk down the hill on not the stairs I'd want to kill this rich kid. His fam better have to pay for the stairs.

I'd be pissed if I had to take the drunk stairs back up to the mount during finals week... This kid's a dick

this sucks!!!!

i have a secret parking spot up there that you don't need any type of pass nor do you have to pay and its not even a 5 minute walk to the dome. I have been parking there for 5 years without one single ticket or problem. Now I wont be able to take the stairs and am going to have to take the long walk down to the women's building and around.

Every student who lives on the the Mount will probably want to lynch him... especially if is not fixed before a real snow storm. As one who once lived in Day Hall, those steps were bad enough. The "alternate route" -- especially in snow -- will be 10 times worse.

Now I wont be able to take the stairs and am going to have to take the long walk down to the women's building and around.

Women's Building? Dude, go straight down the hill and come out between ESF's Walters and the back of the gym. I took that path all the time, even in snow. After about a day the path will be made. You might have to grab trees for stability on the way down but is isn't like you're belaying a rock face.

The 97 crash didn't take out a metal pole as I recall more just the "fence" on the side. But 1997 in general is a bit fuzzy.

Doesn't this happen every year? I wasn't there in '97, but I know there was one in '98 involving the frosh Lax players