SUSU | Syracusefan.com

SUSU

Actually it wouldn't be because the second University wouldn't be used.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Wow. Those 25 seconds, I will never get back...

Is Buffalo a state school (SUNY)? We could be US - University at (of) Syracuse, or is UB called Buffalo University? Or just UB and nobody ever says the full name? What do they call themselves over there????

Great, now I have to drink just to forget my own post.....

We would be"The Only Football University in New York at Syracuse"
or "New York city's University in Syracuse"

I'm I the only one still trying to figure out what SUSU would actually stand for?

Syracuse University State University??? Seems like you got one too many U's in there.

Is Buffalo a state school (SUNY)? We could be US - University at (of) Syracuse, or is UB called Buffalo University? Or just UB and nobody ever says the full name? What do they call themselves over there????

Great, now I have to drink just to forget my own post.....

Actually, there are two state schools in Buffalo. Buff State and UB, or more properly known as SUNY Buffalo State College and SUNY University at Buffalo.

Forget state school, think bigger.
University of SyrAcuse or USA. Americas team.

Adding to this silliness ... using the University of Maryland at College Park as a model ---- SU could become "The University of New York at Syracuse".

From that flow two alternatives:

1. SU becomes "UNYS" just like "UCLA". It sounds wierd, but it would eventually wear in

2. SU would drop the "Syracuse" and be called "The University of New York" or New York" as "The University of California" is called "California".

The other NYS schools would follow the California Model and be NY State at Oswego, at Buffalo, as Oneonta, etc., etc.

I like it as an idea. And given the likely path of government expansion and the costs of private education, it isn't all that far-fetched. Remember, Rutgers was once a private school that New Jersey made into a public school.

Isn't that axiomoric (sp?). I mean Sunny Syracause? It's like Jumbo Shrimp!

SBU72 ... if the 72 in your handle refers to 1972, you will no doubt remember the PA announcer at Archbold saying, "Welcome to sunny Orange land". It was rarely sunny for long as those rain clouds drifted around the "Vale of Onondaga".

PS - I think the word you are looking for is "oxomoronic" and not "axiomatic".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom