Swofford ... He Gone after 2020-21 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Swofford ... He Gone after 2020-21

I think it won't be someone identified with NC. The ACC is trying to boost its image as an East Coast Conference. It may be someone from the South, but I really don't think it will be someone from NC. They are only 4 votes out of 14.96 (when you subtract out ND football from the 25 ACC sports ;)). While Boo Corrigan is currently the AD at NCSU, he's not from NC. Good candidate?
So there won’t be any more expansion of the ACC in the future?
Everything depends on what ND football decides to do. As long as they feel they can get into the playoff without being in a conference, they'll keep their independence. The die-hard independistas are dying off. The younger generations are more amenable to joining a conference if it becomes the only way to make the playoff. We might not have to take in a 16th team and go to pod scheduling. Since we would have 15 teams we could claim the even-division rule can't apply, go to a 4-5-5 schedule, and keep the championship game for the 2 teams with the best records.

I think it won't be someone identified with NC. The ACC is trying to boost its image as an East Coast Conference. It may be someone from the South, but I really don't think it will be someone from NC. They are only 4 votes out of 14.96 (when you subtract out ND football from the 25 ACC sports ;)). While Boo Corrigan is currently the AD at NCSU, he's not from NC. Good candidate?

Everything depends on what ND football decides to do. As long as they feel they can get into the playoff without being in a conference, they'll keep their independence. The die-hard independistas are dying off. The younger generations are more amenable to joining a conference if it becomes the only way to make the playoff. We might not have to take in a 16th team and go to pod scheduling. Since we would have 15 teams we could claim the even-division rule can't apply, go to a 4-5-5 schedule, and keep the championship game for the 2 teams with the best records.
Everything you said about pods sounds amazing

The Athletic has an article saying one of the top candidates is Oliver Luck.

1593191124410.png

If the next commissioner isn’t one of Swofford’s lieutenants I got my money on Clemson AD Dan Radakovich as the guy.

Does he have to sit out one year before assuming duties at SEC or BIG10? Is he the only one in the portal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom