Swofford Slams Door on ND: No Partial Joining | Syracusefan.com

Swofford Slams Door on ND: No Partial Joining

arbitragegls

All Conference
In the link below, found on ESPN insider article, but from ACC media day, apparently ND was considered for possible joining to ACC sans football. ND worried about BE.

As much as ACC wants Notre Dame there are two reasons why the ACC did not bite:

1. It is all or nothing entry to the league...no one offs of independent football etc
2.. Equal revenue sharing for all---no one offs...so no LHN; no ND NBC income not shared

Wow, if Swofford was commissioner of BE we may still be there:

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/te...ame-membership-20111019,0,4211491.story#start

(use browser if this does not work)

ND can screw themselves
they did.. which created this...

imgres

Good for Swafford and the ACC. The self-aggrandizing Irish finally had someone tell them to stuff it.

Good for Swafford and the ACC. The self-aggrandizing Irish finally had someone tell them to stuff it.
I think ND had (and maybe still has) hopes, and maybe expectations, that they could talk the ACC into giving them a deal similar to the one they now have with the BE. I say this after hearing an interview on Francesa's show today with a Chicago reporter who covers ND. He spoke wistfully about this possibility, and used the term "curveball" to describe the Swofford statement.

Considering how football is driving all of the conference shuffling, why would any major conference (including the current Big East) consider adding a school that didn't have or want to include its football program? Notre Dame joined the Big East in a different era where there was no threat of the league being raided. In the BE's current expansion plans, every school they're courting plays football, and in the case of Air Force and Navy all the league wants is their football programs.

Notre Dame: " I won't go in all the way. Just a little bit. I have commitment issues. It'll be good though. You can tell others we are kind of together. I do have something I'd like you to do. Wanna park some of my non-revenue junk in here. Should be plenty of room since I'm not all the way in. You don't mind do you?"

I think ND had (and maybe still has) hopes, and maybe expectations, that they could talk the ACC into giving them a deal similar to the one they now have with the BE. I say this after hearing an interview on Francesa's show today with a Chicago reporter who covers ND. He spoke wistfully about this possibility, and used the term "curveball" to describe the Swofford statement.

Those discussions have gone on for awhile.

...if this is status...what is the end game...surely B1G doesnt let them in without football, and if the ACC does not...that means only the Big 12 is a possibility...does Notre Dame finally cave, say ACC says you can keep NBC contract until it ends (2015) but then you are all in on revenue but you join immediately including football?

The Big 12 is taking a harder line now as well and I am not sure that they would be as welcoming to ND either. My son told me that Texas had to make concessions to the Big 12 recently ... the day of the independentis fading off into the sunset. The way to handle the independents?... don't schedule them.

I'm excited to be in a conference where everyone is equal and without competing interests.

with any luck this will be the end of the n.d. arrogance. gotta love swofford---maybe delaney will follow suit. i get the sense the college football world is fed up with n.d. at least i hope they are.

Love it! The BE put up with this crap for 17 years and when the time came for them to help save us...uuuhhmmmm no, no that won't do for our football team. It is my hope that all other leagues take the same position and leave them nowhere to hide. I hate ND with a passion, I don't even want them. But if they come to the ACC its all in or move on. I have always held to the notion that only our idiot former conference amongst the larger conferences makes that deal. They didn't even put a time limit on it. I know i'm an old broken record on this but it has always stuck in my craw for eons.

Its about time the collective college football powers tell ND to go f themselves. Frankly you stink, you've stunk for years and outside of a nice campus the area is a dump. So too bad. This isn't 1940 where you rule the roost anymore and it won't ever be 1940 again. Unless they join a conference all in, they are screwed. Do that many people still watch them on NBC?? or am I missing something? Seems NBC would be better served by getting a deal with a conference than watch ND stink up the place. Maybe its because I watch big boy football in the SEC now. ND would have a hard time beating Vanderbilt.

I'm excited to be in a conference where everyone is equal and without competing interests.

Pleased that every team is all in...when votes taken on important items all teams have equal concern...not like the BE will bball only teams and all in teams...makes for a better environment with less game playing (political kind)