Syracuse’s potential under Fran Brown | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse’s potential under Fran Brown

Syracuse Potential under Fran Brown?

When the excuses are thrown out the window, its limitless. It appears we have competitive NIL.

A good year will go a LONG way. We know its normal for year 1 hiccups. If he keeps the hype train going, regardless? We may very well be fielding the best teams since the 90s.

Screw the SEC and B10. Let's become the Northeast ACC power. Its completely possible, from what we've seen in just a couple weeks. I believe he can do it.

Ohio state fan posted our schedule, and thought we could run the table...(at least he wasn't busting). If it really is that easy, and we go 11-2, do we get left out of the top 12?

Yes. I know. Wishful thinking.
we will have 3 ranked teams on the schedule and possibly if all goes well potentially one more in the acc championship game...There is only about four spots open since the SEC and BIG ten will likely take 8 spots when they both added Oregon, Washington, Texas and Oklahoma. We would be in with a 10-2 record...IF we can get that record

i hope Fran blows up this narrative:
"The reality, though, is that Syracuse is one of the toughest jobs in the country when it comes to recruiting. It’s very cold. And it’s not close to areas that produce a lot of Power 5-quality players. New Jersey is sneaky talented, but Syracuse is still three-plus hours away from Bergen County"

I almost got suckered into believing it over the past 10 or 15 years. Then you see what's happened over the past 2 weeks and where some of these Jersey guys rank nationally and say "it can be done". And the weather thing is such a lazy comment. Do they write the same about Minnesota and Wisconsin? It's not like we play outside. We play in an indoor stadium. Geez..
“It’s very cold” lol. It ain’t any colder here than most of Big 10 Country.

Ohio state fan posted our schedule, and thought we could run the table...(at least he wasn't busting). If it really is that easy, and we go 11-2, do we get left out of the top 12?

Yes. I know. Wishful thinking.
No. There will be an ACC championship game against a Clemson or FSU. If we are undefeated with that win, we are no doubt in.

I think Prime is smoke and mirrors. I don’t foresee him being very successful at Colorado. He may get them to a 5-7 win level but my gut says that’s the peak.
Hes full of himself meaning hes full of crap

Yeah, we play in a Dome but the kids have to live there mostly year round. I'm from Pulaski NY went to Clarkson University and I love the snow... but walking across campus in Potsdam NY during January/February was BRUTAL most of the time just due to the wind chill (and sometimes snow).

I don't think the narrative is really around playing conditions... it's around the fact that you have to live in Syracuse NY while you go to school there.

Regardless, we are certainly not alone in the weather department and I think the SU campus is very nice compared to some of the other P5 schools I've been to.

I lived off campus my last 2 years at Clarkson. Main St apartments which I don’t think they’re called anymore. Try walking to downtown classes at 8am and passing the bank that had time and temperature and it always said -20.

Yeah, we play in a Dome but the kids have to live there mostly year round. I'm from Pulaski NY went to Clarkson University and I love the snow... but walking across campus in Potsdam NY during January/February was BRUTAL most of the time just due to the wind chill (and sometimes snow).

I don't think the narrative is really around playing conditions... it's around the fact that you have to live in Syracuse NY while you go to school there.

Regardless, we are certainly not alone in the weather department and I think the SU campus is very nice compared to some of the other P5 schools I've been to.
I think most who talk about the weather or adults. I hate the cold, despise it, which is why I now live in Tampa. However, growing up, including my college years, I found the snow to be novel and something fun. There is plenty time in your life that you can enjoy the sun, if that's your thing. Kids who are 18-22 years of age are surrounded by friends, going to classes, and consumed with football. I just don't see how that truly makes much of a difference in recruiting.

I think most who talk about the weather or adults. I hate the cold, despise it, which is why I now live in Tampa. However, growing up, including my college years, I found the snow to be novel and something fun. There is plenty time in your life that you can enjoy the sun, if that's your thing. Kids who are 18-22 years of age are surrounded by friends, going to classes, and consumed with football. I just don't see how that truly makes much of a difference in recruiting.
I think you're generally right. It's really only as I've gotten older that the cold really bothers me.

We play in a climate controlled dome. None of the northeast schools can claim that. Our games have perfect temperature every single time. I am so sick of this narrative. South Bend is one of the most miserable places in the winter. Penn State might as well be Siberia. Don't get me started on Madison. This is nonsense.
FIFY I have stayed in town multiple times. Didn’t feel all that safe.

I know plenty of 50 plus years olds that are out doing this all winter. This was NJ on Monday. The water isn't even in the 30's yet. Set limitations, or don't. You'll have a h3ll of better time, if you choose the latter. Limitations are often just another word for excuses.

Screenshot_20231221-144823_Instagram.jpg

I lived off campus my last 2 years at Clarkson. Main St apartments which I don’t think they’re called anymore. Try walking to downtown classes at 8am and passing the bank that had time and temperature and it always said -20.
I went to college at Potsdam & lived across the street from the bank. I've seen down to almost -30 plus the wind...it was brutal. I'd wake up look at the bank signed & decide if i was walking 20 mins to campus or not.

I think for the first time in a long time, at a minimum, we'll be in a position where losing 1 or 2 starters doesn't completely derail our season. I also expect we won't as large a portion of the roster taken up by players who were late adds after we missed out on a long list of positional primary targets.

Fran has a high attention to detail, and he's relentless. So I expect that the team will be disciplined, the penalty fiasco we've endured for the last 8 years will be resolved and we'll have a team that's properly prepared game to game.

Insane…
NO. Its FAR less insane than thinking that a highly motivated, goal oriented kid is going to base his future on whether he needs to wear a coat.

"Love you, Coach. Love the school. Love the program. I have no doubt that you will put me in the best position to succeed. You WIN on the field. Someone said I might need a coat, so I'm OUT." If a kid has the same mental toughness of a wet noodle, you don't want him, anyways.

I have no idea how Cuse fans have embraced, "But its cold. That's why we don't get recruits. " Thats freaking ridiculous, because they go to other cold schools. Its an EXCUSE.

The 1st time the national media asks how he'll recruit to the cold? I hope he points out how silly that is... Maybe you guys will stop believing it, too. ;-)

NO. Its FAR less insane than thinking that a highly motivated, goal oriented kid is going to base his future on whether he needs to wear a coat.

"Love you, Coach. Love the school. Love the program. I have no doubt that you will put me in the best position to succeed. You WIN on the field. Someone said I might need a coat, so I'm OUT." If a kid has the same mental toughness of a wet noodle, you don't want him, anyways.

I have no idea how Cuse fans have embraced, "But its cold. That's why we don't get recruits. " Thats freaking ridiculous, because they go to other cold schools. Its an EXCUSE, that has been embraced.

The 1st time the national media asks how he'll recruit to the cold? I hope he points out how silly that is... Maybe you guys will stop believing it, too. ;-)
They embraced it because it was a convenient excuse - meanwhile PSU is cleaning up on every high level prospect in PA / NYC / NJ. It's cold there too and they play...outdoors!

They embraced it because it was a convenient excuse - meanwhile PSU is cleaning up on every high level prospect in PA / NYC / NJ. It's cold there too and they play...outdoors!
Yepo. So is Michigan(colder). We need to stop that excuse. I guess it frustrates me, because recruits and their families read these boards. Old farts like to talk about the weather. Its not freaking bad, AT ALL.

Some posts on here make Cuse look like its north of the Arctic circle, and your piss will freeze before it hits the snow. Its not. Not, at ALL. Its, ya know, nicer than Minnesota, Michigan and many others. Its a terrible, untrue, EXCUSE. No way Fran is going to embrace it. That would be DUMB.

Yepo. So is Michigan(colder). We need to stop that excuse. I guess it frustrates me, because recruits and their families read these boards. Old farts like to talk about the weather. Its not freaking bad, AT ALL.

Some posts on here make Cuse look like its north of the Arctic circle, and your piss will freeze before it hits the snow. Its not. Not, at ALL. Its, ya know, nicer than Minnesota, Michigan and many others. Its a terrible, untrue, EXCUSE. No way Fran is going to embrace it. That would be DUMB.
AMEN, and we play in a Dome indoors!

I have no idea how Cuse fans have embraced, "But its cold. That's why we don't get recruits. " Thats freaking ridiculous, because they go to other cold schools. Its an EXCUSE.

Haha, I was referring to the waves and surfers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom