Syracuse 9th best basketball program all-time | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse 9th best basketball program all-time

Why not Lousiville?

2 National Championships
9 Final Fours
38 NCAA Tournament Appearance (5th All Time)
16th in All Time Victories
8th in Winning Percentage

Why not Lousiville?

2 National Championships
9 Final Fours
38 NCAA Tournament Appearance (5th All Time)
16th in All Time Victories
8th in Winning Percentage

I agree. I have no problem with it. Just racking up reg season W's isn't going to cut it. Also, prior to this past season Arizona had a pretty ridiculous consecutive Tourney appearance streak, I believe. I think MSU and Ohio St. deserve to be ranked higher than Cincinnati.

I have no problem with 9th. I think you could toss 7, 8 and 9 in the air and call it a toss up. Arguments can be made for each. 1-6 are locks in some order.

I'd swap Arizona and Syracuse. Our highs are just as high as theirs and we've been doing for a lot longer (total wins and win pct both better than Zona). Interesting that we need 2 more #1 seeds to hit the rarefied air in that category as well. Hopefully we can snag another one this year.

It should be Louisville, UConn, then us still at 9. Arizona shouldn't be ahead of either UConn or us.

We jump ahead of UConn if we win our second NC next year.

Cheers,
Neil

It should be Louisville, UConn, then us still at 9. Arizona shouldn't be ahead of either UConn or us.

We jump ahead of UConn if we win our second NC next year.

Cheers,
Neil
nah, storz has Cuse in the last 20 years, but 6 losing seasons since 1912??? jeepers, storz had like 6 in the 80s!

lville is better, then Cuse, then id go storz, zona.

No question UConn has been better than Syracuse since we went on probation.

But they achieved nothing before that, while Syracuse was winning multiple Helms national championships, was in the Elite Eight 4 decades in a row and in the Final Four twice.

SU has been a top 20 program at minimum for most decades, which is why we are 5th all time in victories. This is supposed to be all all time ranking, so programs like Arizona and UConn are not remotely close to a program like Syracuse.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

UConn has more Big East Championships than Syracuse. Even when you include the 80's. So, objectively, they've got you beat over the last 30 years. Not 20. Thirty. And they held the record for most consecutive conference titles won in Division I for something they did before joining the Big East.

Bragging about Yankee Conference titles? Well, if you are going to cite completely made up national titles from the Helms Foundation, I'll brag about conference ones that were actually won on the court.

Syracuse has as many national championships as Wyoming. Own your postseason failure.

UConn has more Big East Championships than Syracuse. Even when you include the 80's. So, objectively, they've got you beat over the last 30 years. Not 20. Thirty. And they held the record for most consecutive conference titles won in Division I for something they did before joining the Big East.

Bragging about Yankee Conference titles? Well, if you are going to cite completely made up national titles from the Helms Foundation, I'll brag about conference ones that were actually won on the court.

Syracuse has as many national championships as Wyoming. Own your postseason failure.
Much as some UConn posters own their arrogance.

Did Uconn even make the NCAA tournament one time in the 80's?
I believe it was a lost decade for the Huskies- own it.