Syracuse AD John Wildhack on new Nike deal, potential for new football uniforms | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse AD John Wildhack on new Nike deal, potential for new football uniforms

Me thinketh we are going to hear something very soonish on uniforms
My guess is this month if not sooner. Pitt announced their rebrand a few days ago and Baylor is unveiling theirs on the 12th.
I doubt we hear anything definitive until there is a signed agreement. Could it be this month?
1554933804910.gif

The NYC skyline idea made sense given that when the uniforms were designed, Gross was leading the New York's College Team branding.

Also:

It has to be really good news to be back featured on the Nike site, even if Nike selected the wrong logo. How Nike of them.

Just my opinion, but I hate this logo. I've always called it the goofy SU logo. :confused:
So because we both hate it , you can be sure it will be front and center of the new “ branding”

Just my opinion, but I hate this logo. I've always called it the goofy SU logo. :confused:

Keep in mind it could be a placeholder on the website and that logo is from 92-'03 so when you look at available merch it's possible they haven't thought of us since then and that's the only logo they have... ;)

The NYC skyline idea made sense given that when the uniforms were designed, Gross was leading the New York's College Team branding.

Also:

Still amazed that Oregon State is featured on that banner.

Still amazed that Oregon State is featured on that banner.

They rebranded the entire athletic department including creating the logo itself. Figures they'd throw them up there regardless of how poorly they perform. They also created alternates for Georgia and Kentucky.

It has to be really good news to be back featured on the Nike site, even if Nike selected the wrong logo. How Nike of them.
We a “preferred partner” (or “featured team” - I can’t renember the buzzword).

It’s astonishing how much they’ve abused our brand. I’m sure it’s gross incompetence, but man, I’m not sure how much worse they could make it if it was intentional.

I like the “banner” su logo. I think it’s unique and historical looking. I will say, I do not want that on the helmet. Plain mat orange, white/blue stripe down center, with blue face masks. Then go traditional jereseys with orange alternates for homecoming.

I like the “banner” su logo. I think it’s unique and historical looking. I will say, I do not want that on the helmet. Plain mat orange, white/blue stripe down center, with blue face masks. Then go traditional jereseys with orange alternates for homecoming.
I’d be OK with a *once a year* all white jersey to identify a big game.

I like the *once a year* all orange look for homecoming. Failing the above, it would be fun to do an all white/orange jersey for Halloween games. It would be our ‘costume.’

I’d be OK with a *once a year* all white jersey to identify a big game.

I like the *once a year* all orange look for homecoming. Failing the above, it would be fun to do an all white/orange jersey for Halloween games. It would be our ‘costume.’
I’m tired of our costumes

I like my Ottos angry:
View attachment 159572

Not cute:
View attachment 159575
I like happy Otto.

Crushing some poor team while having a mascot that’s an adorable, fuzzy ball of happiness that just wants to be friends and possibly cause minor mischief is more satisfying than having an angry mascot.

There’s something satisfying about winning without trying.

I like happy Otto.

Crushing some poor team while having a mascot that’s an adorable, fuzzy ball of happiness that just wants to be friends and possibly cause minor mischief is more satisfying than having an angry mascot.

There’s something satisfying about winning without trying.
For many years, with an “adorable” mascot, we lost without trying.