Syracuse AD John Wildhack on new Nike deal, potential for new football uniforms | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse AD John Wildhack on new Nike deal, potential for new football uniforms

For many years, with an “adorable” mascot, we lost without trying.
In football? Sure. Overall? Not really. We have a good AD, and we’ve consistently had a good AD.

I like happy Otto.

Crushing some poor team while having a mascot that’s an adorable, fuzzy ball of happiness that just wants to be friends and possibly cause minor mischief is more satisfying than having an angry mascot.

There’s something satisfying about winning without trying.
I'd rather have opposing fanbases say "What the #$&@! hell is that? It is draining the happiness from my soul." than "Your mascot is so cute!"

Anyway, glad that Otto is very unique amongst all of the mascots (happy or angry).

I'd rather have opposing fanbases say "What the #$&@! hell is that? It is draining the happiness from my soul." than "Your mascot is so cute!"

Anyway, glad that Otto is very unique amongst all of the mascots (happy or angry).
Fuzzy anthropomorphized oranges don’t fall into the “what the #$&@ hell is that” category?

If you touch the block S it comes up Stanford not Syracuse.
The whole line from Purdue to USC is not calibrated properly. If you click on Tennessee, it goes to the Syracuse page.

I like the more traditional uniforms with the Block S. What shade of orange should we have? Dr. Gross wanted to standardize it across all sports (I agree) but then went with a Texas-like shade of orange. It's okay, but I prefer the previous shade. :confused:

If you touch the block S it comes up Stanford not Syracuse.
so in my opinion this mess up of their website if probably due to their lack of paying/hiring skilled people to manage the most basic of things. I would also guess it is a symptom of the overall culture at Nike. You posted your message 8 hours ago and their site is still broken. And it's not a web page buried that would take a while to find.

I haven't kept up, did SU sign another contract with Nike? Is it a done deal? I hope not. Not that any of the other uniform providers are any better I suspect

Oregon-State-1.jpg

go beavs

Build the Dam. Nice catch phrase.

I wonder if we’ll have one. ;)

Beavs? ugh.

I don't dislike the design outside of the name on the front though. But that just might be because Orange and Black are great together.

I'd rather have our current threads than a Cuse themed version of these.
Yes. That looks like something Texas El Paso or better yet, a prison in New Mexico would wear. On laundry day.

I am going to give this for free to our favorite company:

Nike. We bring the ugly.

Last edited:
Dear Nike,

Please send the clown suits to Illinois. They really want to be inspired by trees, the New York/Chicago skyline, and/or whatever other ideas your interns dream up. I promise.

Give Syracuse an orange helmet, blue/white shirts, and orange pants.

Best Regards,
nzm136

P.S. Also, please don’t be afraid to make Georgetown wear uniforms that aren’t in the school colors. You did it to us, so it’s only fair that you do it to them.

we still aren't getting the new gear like other schools if you look on fanatics or nike.com - we only have 3 items!