Syracuse AD John Wildhack on new Nike deal | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse AD John Wildhack on new Nike deal

Unless this includes Bags with more money in them, color me disinterested

Couldn't care less. Nike, Under Armour, Adidas, Asics, Reebok, Karl Kani... doesn't matter to me in the slightest. Just Win Baby.

I think we should hold out to see what Converse or US Keds has to offer.

I can see SU now in those high-top Chuck Taylor All Stars. If they were good enough for Dave Bing ...

I *HEART* JW, and he was and is an absolute home run hire as our AD.

That stated; he is really, REALLY good at saying a lot, without actually saying anything.
Which I guess is somewhat important for that gig - you can't go tipping your hand, or speaking out of turn.

Dino is great at that too.

Wants:
1. The cursive uniforms back for good.
2. Something similar to the 80s-90s football uniforms as rumored. For good.
3. Some Syracuse special edition colorways of popular b-ball sneaker models. Tired of being jealous of Michigan, UNC, UK, Duke, etc. getting all that stuff.
4. More and better SU gear available. Having a few blue or gray shirts and hoodies doesn’t cut it. Jerseys, more orange stuff, the team b-ball shorts, etc. should be more readily available more often IMO.

I think we should hold out to see what Converse or US Keds has to offer.

I can see SU now in those high-top Chuck Taylor All Stars. If they were good enough for Dave Bing ...
They aren't court shoes anymore though. The sole is some rubberized felt nonsense that slides around on hardwood .

I *HEART* JW, and he was and is an absolute home run hire as our AD.

That stated; he is really, REALLY good at saying a lot, without actually saying anything.
Which I guess is somewhat important for that gig - you can't go tipping your hand, or speaking out of turn.

Dino is great at that too.

That's a TV thing. Worked with John for a few years at ESPN, and during programming meetings he'd often provide similar-style updates. Enough info to address the question, not enough to spoil anything that might anger/offend the conference or league he was negotiating with (all too often these leagues would want to keep things 10000% private). I'd bet Nike told him something similar.

Wants:
3. Some Syracuse special edition colorways of popular b-ball sneaker models. Tired of being jealous of Michigan, UNC, UK, Duke, etc. getting all that stuff.
4. More and better SU gear available. Having a few blue or gray shirts and hoodies doesn’t cut it. Jerseys, more orange stuff, the team b-ball shorts, etc. should be more readily available more often IMO.

This this this thisssss

Wants:
Would be nice to have some Nike coats and jackets too...

SMH, look at how Jordan Brand hooks UNC up.

Obviously the facilities are incredible and that’s a different topic, but Jordan really takes care of UNC. So jealous. Sneaker stuff is mostly at the 3:30 mark and again around 8 minute mark.

How about lifetime supply of free shoes for all diehard Cuse fans? Ah, wishful thinking is fun, but probably not practical.

It is not fair that short people have to pay for sneakers. Tall people are greedy and did nothing to earn their height. We need legislation for them to pay their fair share. Us short people are entitled to 70% of their sneaker supply. Not to mention reparations for prior discrimination against short people. If elected President, I will right this injustice. I will redistribute sneakers in the name of fairness.

It takes twice as much material to make one of their big feet shoes than a normal size shoe. Tall people are using more than their share of the Earth's natural resources. When I am President tall people will only be allowed to have a right foot or a left foot sneaker, but not both. Don't be so quick to dismiss this proposed remedy. Just like ride-sharing, tall people can sneaker share. Its only fair.

Last edited:
Wants:

Cursive is a dying “language.” I hope to goodness they don’t go that route.

Cursive is a dying “language.” I hope to goodness they don’t go that route.

90s retro is cool.

Champion and Fila are all over the Foot Lockers lately.

90s retro is cool.

Champion and Fila are all over the Foot Lockers lately.

Very true on FL. Leisure wear. In a year, it won’t be en vogue per se. A uniform change, IMO, shouldn’t be at the mercy of fads.

I wonder if a new deal means we can see more Nike apparel sold on fanatics.com and the bookstore, Manny's etc.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom