Syracuse adds Ohio to 2022 schedule | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse adds Ohio to 2022 schedule

Like it! We still need 2 games in 2020 so hopefully that comes together soon.

Iv said it once and ill say it a million more times, greatest thing to happen to Syracuse athletics is the removal of The Great DR. Daryl Gross everyone. Heres a real question with Wildhack as are AD do you think the chances of Maronne sticking around greater?

I just looked at FBSchedules the other day and I thought Ohio would be a good add...I figured we would do a 2 for 1.

Iv said it once and ill say it a million more times, greatest thing to happen to Syracuse athletics is the removal of The Great DR. Daryl Gross everyone. Heres a real question with Wildhack as are AD do you think the chances of Maronne sticking around greater?
No.

Good question though...anyone else???

Good...

I just looked at FBSchedules the other day and I thought Ohio would be a good add...I figured we would do a 2 for 1.
2 for 1 deals with MAC schools are okay, but I think with the ACC money, we can pay enough $ to get 1 game home only deals like this. The objective should be to have at least 7 home games every season. These type of deals ensure this will happen.

Yes.

Does it matter. No.

Good job JW and Herm for getting an FBS team as a one-off.

Now just win the damn game.

That seems like a lot. Does anyone know what our average revenue is per home game?

33K * x= Y.

x being the big unknown. but say $50 thats 1.65 million.

33K * x= Y.

They make no financial sense but work since ACC money to pretty good. If we were stuck in the AAC we would be doing a 1 for 1 with them.

Only if Wildhack was attempting to turn us into an NFL franchise

Another 4-8 season they might have to start paying the fans 850K to show up. MAC teams are always tough and not playing a 1 for 1 might mean SU is traveling to somewhere interesting in 2022.

FIFY...

Love to recapture that $200M Gov Cuomo originally promised

"Hi Cuomo? It's John. We're going to play UB at New Era Stadium on Friday Night and the game is going to be on ESPN2. Let's talk about that $200M."

I have mixed feelings about the good doctor. He certainly had flubs, but he found ways to increase revenues for athletics such as the sideline seating at basketball. He oversaw major improvements to the dome playing surface. He improved Olympic sports. And it was Dr. Gross who was at the helm when SU made the move to the ACC

33K * x= Y.

Concessions are a big chunk. I once heard that SU grossed $250,000 per home game on beer sales alone when attendance was at its peak in the early-mid '90s. Number of sales are probably way down from that, but prices are higher, so it's likely that the gross is still significant.