Syracuse at #24 in CBS Sports pre-season poll | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse at #24 in CBS Sports pre-season poll

I’ve been watching most of last year’s games as I can. I’m getting pretty excited for the season but realize also that we got a lot of good breaks last season with a few notable exceptions.

NC State was won by an interception...a single play. Tommy Devito won the UNC game with a preview of coming attractions. Dungey salvaged so many plays with miracles.

We made so many of our own breaks and I look forward to watching another team find a way to make the breaks we’ll need this year.

I love being ranked and have hope that we can build on last year’s success. We’ll be favored in many games and hope the kids can handle that pressure. It’s easier being an underdog...
I don’t think any game is a single play, we stayed in that game enough to be in a place where we could win when the opportunity presented itself. That’s a team effort.

There were a few grind em out wins last year but in watching 2017 games we made a big leap in 2018 and a huge leap from 2016. Areas of improvement include running the ball, long plays from scrimmage, reduced number of penalties and better takeaway/turnover ratio. Our players look the part of D1 athletes - faster and bigger. Injuries were significantly reduced.

It has been a long time since consistent winning with this program. That sort of mentality pays dividends, you think anything is possible and stop a self-fulfilling idea of failure. Underdog mentality means you are sometimes competitive against great talent, Dino has these guys on track to be competitive every time against great talent.

I’ve been watching most of last year’s games as I can. I’m getting pretty excited for the season but realize also that we got a lot of good breaks last season with a few notable exceptions.

NC State was won by an interception...a single play. Tommy Devito won the UNC game with a preview of coming attractions. Dungey salvaged so many plays with miracles.

We made so many of our own breaks and I look forward to watching another team find a way to make the breaks we’ll need this year.

I love being ranked and have hope that we can build on last year’s success. We’ll be favored in many games and hope the kids can handle that pressure. It’s easier being an underdog...
We should have had Clemson for second straight year don’t forget. Yes I know the QB went down etc but still.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom