Syracuse at Arkansas - BE/SEC Challenge 2012 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse at Arkansas - BE/SEC Challenge 2012

That ain't gonna be an easy place to play. Fayetteville is a cool town.

Good luck trying to get there. NWA regional airport was Slick Willie's gift to Wally World but it's still about 25 miles from Fayetteville if you can find a flight there. For those thinking of driving bring firearms:

images

Yeah, flights get pricey, too. XNA is in Bentonville where all the Walmart/Tyson headquarters is. 25 min away like you say. I go to Fayetteville for two weeks every June. Great town. I'm excited about this matchup actually. Won't be easy. I've done the drive once from the Cincinnati area. It's like 12 hrs.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I like the matchup.

Tough road arena (maybe more so historically) against a team who should be alright, maybe, and who we haven't played in about 20 years.

Looks like Gross is dead set against it though, so all the hand wringing on the board may be for nothing.
I don't understand all the hate for the matchup. It wasn't going to be UK because both schools had an away game to be scheduled. It wasn't going to Florida because we just finished that series. It's all pretty similar from there on down.

I hope SU doesn't back out. It is an early away game against a big 6 conference opponent. They were 18-14 (6-10) last season. SU should win. If they take them off the schedule I don't see SU putting anything better in their place - probably another home game.
Gross is probably against it for monetary reasons. This overcommited stuff seems like nonsense unless the BE had told SU earlier that they weren't going to be involved.

Hey guys. Pretty excited for this...been a while since we've had a team of your caliber in BWA. We should be better than we were last year, our best player missed last year with an injury and we were forced to start 3 freshmen, but they have experience in mike anderson's 2nd year now. And we can be pretty tough at home. Im not expecting to win but i think it will be a good game...we have a decent shot to make the NCAAT this year imo

Hey guys. Pretty excited for this...been a while since we've had a team of your caliber in BWA. We should be better than we were last year, our best player missed last year with an injury and we were forced to start 3 freshmen, but they have experience in mike anderson's 2nd year now. And we can be pretty tough at home. Im not expecting to win but i think it will be a good game...we have a decent shot to make the NCAAT this year imo

U guys will be tough this year no doubt, young will be the best player on the court most nights

I'm excited to see this game too...I should be able to see it in person. I have heard great things about Fayetteville. Too bad u have play to Rutgirls this fall due to the scheduling hole...hope u beat them by 50. Rutgers Is the overall worst Athletic Program in the BCS.

I also believe Arkansas will be a tough game on the road. 40 minutes of hell for a relatively inexperienced point guard could be troublesome. BJ Young is a heck of a player. We should be much bigger than Arkansas but we don't always capitalize on that. Besides BWA is a historic arena.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom