Syracuse basketball center Paschal Chukwu could apply for 6th season if he wants | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse basketball center Paschal Chukwu could apply for 6th season if he wants

Good grief?! Are you guys freaking blind? Paschal isn’t dumb. How many times was Frank motioning/gesturing Paschal to come out and help him out? Did Paschal just suddenly forget the offense or play? No, it’s because Frank can’t get by a lot of guys. Well aware also that we have used that play for awhile. But, generally, having guards who don’t need screens regularly helps everyone out tremendously but that’s another topic. Bilas and Fraschilla always talk about this. That’s why I’m really anxious and excited to see Carey play.
Apples and oranges, no pun intended.
SU always has their 5’s up top setting picks. It’s a JB staple & not about Frank at all.
There were many arguments on these boards about Forth, AO, Fab Melo, et al , being “forced” to set picks at the top of the key, so that our offense would work.
JB likes this offense...period. Somehow implicating Frank as the main catalyst and blaming him for the stagnation is unfair and smacks of anti-FH bias. JMHO

Apples and oranges, no pun intended.
SU always has their 5’s up top setting picks. It’s a JB staple & not about Frank at all.
There were many arguments on these boards about Forth, AO, Fab Melo, et al , being “forced” to set picks at the top of the key, so that our offense would work.
JB likes this offense...period. Somehow implicating Frank as the main catalyst and blaming him for the stagnation is unfair and smacks of anti-FH bias. JMHO

Look. It may seem like I am killing Frank but I see what I see. Don’t like it then don’t respond (not you per se). I just find it hard to believe that Paschal would somehow forget to go up there and screen for Frank. I know JB likes the offense and it has been a staple for awhiile. But, IMO, it has been because of guards not being able to consistently get by their men as much as it is a JB thing. No coach, even JB, would want that as a constant if they had the guards with the ability to do away with that. Flynn didn’t need it often. MCW as well. Flynn would wave it off or it would be used to bring a guy like Thabeet away from the rim.

Look. It may seem like I am killing Frank but I see what I see. Don’t like it then don’t respond (not you per se). I just find it hard to believe that Paschal would somehow forget to go up there and screen for Frank. I know JB likes the offense and it has been a staple for awhiile. But, IMO, it has been because of guards not being able to consistently get by their men as much as it is a JB thing. No coach, even JB, would want that as a constant if they had the guards with the ability to do away with that. Flynn didn’t need it often. MCW as well. Flynn would wave it off or it would be used to bring a guy like Thabeet away from the rim.
No offense taken. And yes, Jonny, Scoop, MCW, even Triche would sometimes wave off the high pick- Dion was notorious for doing just that. But I’m not seeing where FH is doing that more or less than any other guards we’ve had here. The real issue is that w/ the limited offensive options available last year, Frank, maybe a bit more than Battle, needed the pick to get the offense started.
Unless there’s a spreadsheet somewhere indicating he did this more than anyone previously, it just seems like more of a personal observation than rooted in fact.

No offense taken. And yes, Jonny, Scoop, MCW, even Triche would sometimes wave off the high pick- Dion was notorious for doing just that. But I’m not seeing where FH is doing that more or less than any other guards we’ve had here. The real issue is that w/ the limited offensive options available last year, Frank, maybe a bit more than Battle, needed the pick to get the offense started.
Unless there’s a spreadsheet somewhere indicating he did this more than anyone previously, it just seems like more of a personal observation than rooted in fact.

That’s fair. I’m just interested to see how this will play out with Carey.