Syracuse Basketball has the Same record as #1 Ranked teams | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Basketball has the Same record as #1 Ranked teams

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
So there is that this year. The number one ranked team in the county (there have been five now) is 7-5 while ranked #1.

Just an interesting little parity stat.

Note that number one teams have lost to Evansville, Stephen F Austin, and a Texas Tech team playing a walk-on for 22 minutes.

Wide

Open

Last edited:
That is quite the stat! It gives me some hope. If we can get just a little better every single game, we might be able to hang with the big dogs.
C496DF5C-7511-4066-A272-6670CEC72E14.jpeg

That is quite the stat! It gives me some hope. If we can get just a little better every single game, we might be able to hang with the big dogs.View attachment 174489

I used to feel like that as a poster on here, but eventually realized I couldn't please everyone all the time, and decided to be content what felt natural/genuine in the moment without the need to be measured against others.

This dog house here is mighty small
But it's sure better than no house at all
So ease it on over (move it on over)
Drag it on over (move it on over)
Move over old dog cause a new dog's moving in

If I can help folks to feel better about themselves by taking cheap shots at me, I figure I am doing a service to the world.

I used to feel like that as a poster on here, but eventually realized I couldn't please everyone all the time, and decided to be content what felt natural/genuine in the moment without the need to be measured against others.

This dog house here is mighty small
But it's sure better than no house at all
So ease it on over (move it on over)
Drag it on over (move it on over)
Move over old dog cause a new dog's moving in

If I can help folks to feel better about themselves by taking cheap shots at me, I figure I am doing a service to the world.
happy Holidays cap!

Which makes this year MORE frustrating, not less. Because even just a typical decent Syracuse team would have a shot at a run. I don’t think we make the tournament so it’s not as relevant how open the field is because you have to make it.

Great post but we can't rebound and have 4 good players 1 a transfer from ECU and 3 skinny guys not athletic enough to give us something extra even though Marek/Buddy/Joe are all solid. Just none of them can be the 'star' when Eli isn't red hot. I'd love to add some talent to that core 4.

We do not have the horses even if things are wide open. We might save face and have a 11-9 ACC regular season run and enter march with a shot at an at large. But that is it and the season will end with us losing to an athletic team in the NIT in the Dome by 25.

We need to show some of our disappointments the door and become Transfer U. Who was the last transfer we got that sucked? We knock them out of the damn park. G, Wes, Eli. Recruits are punking us give me a hungry kid who is proven at the NCAA level wants to play for a big name school. All the skinny centers and the recruits who showed up unable to play a minute without making a turnover despite decent rankings can go play A10 peace you don't cut the mustard.

If Battle hadn't left with ZERO chance at getting drafted to go play 5 minutes a night in the G league we could make a run. We'd be playing small ball with Eli at the 4 and Tyus would be the 4th best 3 point shooter on the court at any given time which would suit him perfectly.

Brissett was unlikely to get drafted but he had a chance to go late 2nd and its not surprising he found a decent landing spot. Battle left after his stock had dropped for 2 straight years when he could have stuck it out and been guaranteed a better situation in 2020 than what was coming to him in 2019.

If Battle hadn't left with ZERO chance at getting drafted to go play 5 minutes a night in the G league we could make a run. We'd be playing small ball with Eli at the 4 and Tyus would be the 4th best 3 point shooter on the court at any given time which would suit him perfectly.

Brissett was unlikely to get drafted but he had a chance to go late 2nd and its not surprising he found a decent landing spot. Battle left after his stock had dropped for 2 straight years when he could have stuck it out and been guaranteed a better situation in 2020 than what was coming to him in 2019.
Of the teams we’ve lost to, who are we beating with Battle?

Virginia? Doubtful.

PSU and Iowa are legit.

Oklahoma St. looked unstoppable in Brooklyn, although maybe they lose the title game if PSU doesn’t choke against Ole Miss (and then maybe we would have beat Ole Miss).

Refs weren’t going to let us beat Georgetown.

We might be a little better with Battle, but it would probably be a lot of standing around watching him audition.

If Battle hadn't left with ZERO chance at getting drafted to go play 5 minutes a night in the G league we could make a run.

Why would Tyus come back to school? To be the leading scorer on a bubble team yet again? He's 22 years old, he graduated, and he no longer wants to play for free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom