Syracuse Basketball Team Graduates and Degrees | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Basketball Team Graduates and Degrees

50YRsofCuse

Syracuse Fan in Florida and in SC
Was reading John Gillon post on his obtaining his masters degree.

just wondering how many of Syracuse’s basketball greats graduate with a degree and in what field? How many came back and finished their degree?

For example, I know tht Pearl Washington returned and got his degree. I wondered if Paul Harris, Jonny Flynn, Others ever received degrees. I’m pretty sure (but could be wrong) that Carmelo Anthony has not received a degree. Any suggestions where to check this out easily?

We've had numerous other players graduate but those are the articles I could find to begin with. I'll do some more research once my work day is done.

Rakeem Christmas - Communications and Rhetorical Studies from Syracuse’s College of Visual and Performing Arts

Rakeem Christmas - Communications and Rhetorical Studies from Syracuse’s College of Visual and Performing Arts

Amazingly, Rak got his undergrad degree in 3 years. :cool:

edited to add:
I barely got mine in 4, and I had to do a summer session, and also take another course at a school near home for the other summer session.

Oh, and I wasn’t playing D1 hoops.

but - I drank at a Professional level. :p

Last edited:
Amazingly, Rak got his undergrad degree in 3 years. :cool:

edited to add:
I barely got mine in 4, and I had to do a summer session, and also take another course at a school near home for the other summer session.

Oh, and I wasn’t playing D1 hoops.

but - I drank at a Professional level. :p
Don't worry it took me about 12 to get mine taking time off and taking classes part time while working.

John Wallace - sociology (This is a good article in general about student athletes returning to finish their degree)

I think Rak may have also got a masters in instructional design.