Syracuse center Baye Moussa Keita sits out practice; confident he'll be back soon | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse center Baye Moussa Keita sits out practice; confident he'll be back soon

If any doubt, sit him vs Pitt. And no, I am not one of the SU doctors, I'm aware.

I'd sit him for three weeks if need be. Would it cost a few games? Maybe, but in the tournament we will need him fully healthy and not hesitant to re-injure.

If we lose 3 games? We are still probably a 1 seed and in Buffalo/NYC.

I think JB will do this, no need to rush him back.

I'd sit him for three weeks if need be. Would it cost a few games? Maybe, but in the tournament we will need him fully healthy and not hesitant to re-injure.

3 Weeks is a long time in Div 1, hope he doesnt need that much time.

That could be worse but I'm still waiting for AO to play in the NCAA's.
Trust me I know what you mean. But this is a bit different as Keita is the one saying he doesn't think he will be out a while. We never once heard from Onuaku back in 2010. It was all JB covering (as he should have) the injury to protect the 1 seed. I think that's a big difference and a nice little positive for us this time around.

If he has to sit a game or two, so be it. As long as he's healthy and back in time for the home stretch, and more importantly, the NCAA tourney...that's what matters. My heart can't handle another season ending injury to 1 of our centers.

This is positive news. Like I said above, it's much more reassuring hearing it from Baye's mouth and not JB (sorry JB - you are 0 for 2 in trying to cover up injuries). Sit him vs Pitt. They are no longer a threat to us for MSG. Then we have 2 easy home games. Reevaluate him then.

I remember Terrence roberts hurting his knee that was a mild sprain/hyperextension. Hopefully he gets back soon. Would be great if he was available in an emergency against Pitt but didn't have to play. Dixon will have them play their game though vs doing what clemson did trying to force a foul call on rak. Should pitt try that tactic it would favor us.

With all of the talk about the quality of this board in the recent days, I will have to say that the discussion on this board of AO's injury was one of the better times for me on this board. We actually had an orthopedic surgeon and other very intellingent people on this board discussing the nature of the possible injury and period for recovery. You just do not see that kind of discussion on other boards.

With all of the talk about the quality of this board in the recent days, I will have to say that the discussion on this board of AO's injury was one of the better times for me on this board. We actually had an orthopedic surgeon and other very intellingent people on this board discussing the nature of the possible injury and period for recovery. You just do not see that kind of discussion on other boards.

indeed. It was painful as well though when it finally sunk in. And then the butler board meltdown. I still hate that team.

And the timing of this injury is very different from AO's. It made sense for SU not to reveal the true extent of AO's injury at the time since we were up for a #1 seed. We're still more than a month away from the selection show, so I don't expect SU to say anything other than the truth which is likely that this is a day to day injury (with a week to 10 days recovery time possibly). If it was more serious, no way could they keep that news down for more than a month. We'll see if BMK has an MRI or they feel the need to give him one. If not, that would be a good sign.

This is a serious question - did we ever find out what type of injury Onuaku had? I honestly can't remember someone coming out any saying anything definitive. I think I once heard it was a thigh.

This is a serious question - did we ever find out what type of injury Onuaku had? I honestly can't remember someone coming out any saying anything definitive. I think I once heard it was a thigh.

I believe he tore his quad...and the team knew pretty much the next day that he was gone.

Ao tore his quad and was writhing in agony the second it happened. Anyone with a pulse could see he was never playing again

So what if Syracuse hadn't gotten that 1 seed and was placed elsewhere and never had to play Butler...

Agree with your overall point. My only gripe is length of time- very doubtful its that long.

Agree with your overall point. My only gripe is length of time- very doubtful its that long.

Not trying to be argumentative, just curious why you think it will be shorter? None of us know the extent of the injury.

I don't want to be a wet blanket here, but keep in mind that Baye is a very upbeat, very cheerful young man. He could have a broken arm, and I suspect he would say he was fine and would be back soon. He likes to make people feel good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom