Syracuse center Baye Moussa Keita sits out practice; confident he'll be back soon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse center Baye Moussa Keita sits out practice; confident he'll be back soon

Not trying to be argumentative, just curious why you think it will be shorter? None of us know the extent of the injury.

Didn't cringe on floor, walked off, came back to bench during game, diagnosed as minor sprain, comments positive, D1 trainers, personal experience.

And I'm God. Kidding. It's just my 2 cents based on the facts I saw and what I've heard on here.

look at how dajuan situation played out

bone bruise, day to day, the dude was even practicing - he even played for a few minutes in garbage time

what im trying to say is speculate as much as you want there is no way of knowing

I don't want to be a wet blanket here, but keep in mind that Baye is a very upbeat, very cheerful young man. He could have a broken arm, and I suspect he would say he was fine and would be back soon. He likes to make people feel good.
Yup. Hopkins basically said the same thing today. He said "baye is always smiling so you never really know if anything is wrong"

cto said:
I don't want to be a wet blanket here, but keep in mind that Baye is a very upbeat, very cheerful young man. He could have a broken arm, and I suspect he would say he was fine and would be back soon. He likes to make people feel good.

Absolutely. Plus most competitive people have a higher no quit threshold than an average person.

And the timing of this injury is very different from AO's. It made sense for SU not to reveal the true extent of AO's injury at the time since we were up for a #1 seed. We're still more than a month away from the selection show, so I don't expect SU to say anything other than the truth which is likely that this is a day to day injury (with a week to 10 days recovery time possibly). If it was more serious, no way could they keep that news down for more than a month. We'll see if BMK has an MRI or they feel the need to give him one. If not, that would be a good sign.
I would be amazed if he hasn't already had an MRI.

I'd sit him for three weeks if need be. Would it cost a few games? Maybe, but in the tournament we will need him fully healthy and not hesitant to re-injure.

If we lose 3 games? We are still probably a 1 seed and in Buffalo/NYC.

I think JB will do this, no need to rush him back.

We seemed to do okay last year with as a 4 seed so I agree that rest is more important then winning a few more conference games. Also Roberson getting more run while Keita rests is also a big plus.

Sounds like he's out for Pitt. Hopefully he's back by duke.

Losing a guy for a few games during the season is never a bad thing, as long as he returns healthy before the reg season ends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom